Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this fixable?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this fixable?

Like most everyone else on this forum I am searching for tips that will raise my Credit Score.  My EXP is a 630 my EQU is 647 and my TU is 567 (ugh i dunno why this one is that low!!!)    I currently have 2 open credit cards with low limits.  One is 500 at Capital one and the other is only a 100 dollar limit HSBC card.  Both have been open for about a year and I pay them down in full every month.  On my credit report under transunion i have one item for 119 dollars that  was reported in 2006.  That same item shows up in my EXP in the year 2008.  I tried disputing the item but that didnt work.  It says dispute resolved customer disagrees!   Since that item was in 2006 should i just pay it even though its not mine?  Or is it old enough that its going to just fall off?  Also I have a repo from a car loan that's on my report from 3/1/2005 i was told by a friend that will disappear after 7 years.  Is that true?  My last questions are pertaining to some items that are showing up as negative but say current closed.  I paid all of these things but they are still showing.  When will these go away if ever?  I was at a very difficult time in life 2005 and 2006 but I have grown up alot since then.  I want to one day purchase a house and a nice car.  What more can I do to get the ball rolling in my direction?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Re: Is this fixable?

This post should have answers to most of your questions...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142

if you are unsure of something after that, feel free to ask and the FICO folks will gladly help you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.