Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this legal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this legal

I would like to know is this legal or normal practice this is exactly how it appears on my credit reports my bankruptcy was discharged in 2011

VERIZON
Other
$0
Status
  • Date Reported
  • Payment Status
  • Account Status
Account Details
  • Account Number
  • Account Type
  • Responsibility
  • Credit Limit
  • Highest Balance
  • Date Account Opened
  • Date Account Closed
Payment Details
  • Date of Last Payment
  • Monthly Payment
  • Payment Frequency
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this legal

I'm not really understanding what part you are asking is legal or not?  Was this a previous collection that you included in BK?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry i didnt realize the rest was cut off but  to answer you Yes under what i listed is REMARKS and next to it says chapte 7 bankruptcy

discharged May  2011 and my question is how can somethng be reported in 2015?  

Message 3 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry i didnt realize the rest was cut off but  to answer you Yes under what i listed is REMARKS and next to it says chapte 7 bankruptcy

discharged May  2011 and my question is how can somethng be reported in 2015?  

It's hard to say why it was updated without knowing what it showed just previous to that update.  Is it causing your scores to think that 2015 was your most recent delinquency?  You can tell by the scoring factors and how many months since your most recent late.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would like to know is that legaL?  i had 49 listings in my bankruptcy Verizon has always been listed with a remark of bankruptcy chapt 7  which i thought was strange . that date of 2015 just popped up. 

Message 5 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If Verizon was included in the BK then it's legal for them to show IIB.  As far as the 2015 date.  It's hard to say whether there is an issue with that because you don't know what was updated unless you have a report from the previous month of the update.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you i am going to go look at old reports now  and see whts this all about.

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reporting of inaccurate information, or omitting the reporting of accurate information, can always be corrected at any time by a furnisher.

Having reported inaccurately is not per se a violation of the FCRA unless it is shown that the reporting was intentionally inaccurate.

You can always file a dispute if you feel information is inaccurate, or the creditor can always update information once they become aware that it is incomplete or inaccurate.

I see nothing "illegal" in their reporting.

If you feel anything is still not accurate, you can contact them informally for corrrection, or file a formal dispute.

There is no basis for civil action for inaccurate reporting per se.  You must first dispute.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that information but this isn't an active account It's Verizon who was included in my bankruptcy for $758.37 in 2011 .. my question is can they list themselves or can they be listed on my report AS THEY ARE listed but with remarks chapter 7 bankruptcy I have always questioned this and my next question is how do or what do i say in my dispute how can something in bankruptcy in 2011 show reported in 2015 .is that part legal.. I did call Verizon bankruptcy dept and they had no clue that was there according to them and also said they fixed it and give it 30 days that they just send the 3 CRA 's an update while I was in the phone with them i did record the convo and asked as many questions I could ..
Message 9 of 10
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

According to Credit Karma it stays on your credit report for 10 years with a Chapter 7 and 7 years with a Chapter 13.  I did a Chapter 13 years ago and mine stayed on that long.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.