Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this listed correctly?

tag
bb2200
Valued Member

Is this listed correctly?

Just wondering if this is listed correctly I paid it off in June, but they listed 120 days late. The other 2 accounts that I paid did the same thing. Can CA list it as a 120 days late like this. I am just double checking to see if I need to dispute it or not. And is the new 120 day late hurting my score?

$0Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance

Seven year payment history [?]

30 days late60 days late90+ days late

0 times
0 times
2 times (Jun 2013, Nov 2007)

Recent payment history [?]

7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 62011 2012 2013

OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKCollection
Legend:Current paidCurrently paid as agreed
 CollectionCollection
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Is this listed correctly?

That report is from myFICO and is not accurate. I suggest pulling your credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com you are allowed 1 free report every 12 months from each Credit Reporting Agency. They are the most accurate and most detailed. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 7
bb2200
Valued Member

Thank you DaBears. I've already pulled my report for the year earlier this year, but this was before I paid the collections. I've got USAA monitoring and 1 says co and the other says closed. They fall off soon so I guess I'll just let them fall off.

Message 3 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

The same account is showing paid and or charge off on different reports??

Message 4 of 7
bb2200
Valued Member

This is how they are listed on Experian Dispute....

Paid,Closed.

Date Opened: 
05/2012
Date of Status: 
04/2013
Reported Since: 
06/2012
Last Reported Date: 
04/2013

Type: 
Collection
Terms: 
1 Months 
Monthly Payment: 
$0
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$210
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
N/A
Recent Payment: 
N/A

Payment History:

APR

C

JUN

C

Account History:

Collection as of Apr 2013, Jun 2012

Paid in settlement.

Status Details: 
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jun 2014. 
This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in May 2013.

Date Opened: 
11/2007
Date of Status: 
06/2013
Reported Since: 
11/2007
Last Reported Date: 
06/2013

Type: 
Collection
Terms: 
1 Months 
Monthly Payment: 
$0
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
$2,913
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
N/A
Recent Payment: 
N/A

Creditor's Statement:

Account legally paid in full for less than full balance.

Payment History:

JUN

CLS

NOV

C

Account History:

Collection as of Nov 2007

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It appears that the account is the reporting by the creditor, not a debt collector?

The creditor appears to reference a collection referral, which is not the same as the reporting of a collection by a debt collector....

Exactly who has reported what?

Payment of the debt has no bearing on whether delinquencies reported on the OC account should be excluded from your credit report.

As for the reporting of delinquencies, if the payment history profile of the OC account reports a month/year other than the actual date of occurence of the delinquency, that would be inaccurate and subject to dispute.

However, if the reporting of a 120-late merely is merely included in a later update and references a prior delinquecny, that would be accurate.

When the debt was satisfied, the currernt status would be updated to show paid, and the prior delinquencies would remain, with all delinquencies still included in the payment history profile for up to 7 years, and the highest level of prior delinquency retained under your Payment Rating code.

The issue is thus what codes are reflecting the prior delinquencies, not their continued inclusion for up to 7 years.

Message 6 of 7
bb2200
Valued Member

RobertEG wrote:

It appears that the account is the reporting by the creditor, not a debt collector?

The creditor appears to reference a collection referral, which is not the same as the reporting of a collection by a debt collector....

Exactly who has reported what?

Payment of the debt has no bearing on whether delinquencies reported on the OC account should be excluded from your credit report.

They are both Collection agencies. One is HMC group, and the other is Ability Recovery Services. HMC Group I think is reporting correctly they are the more expensive collection. Ability still says it is a collection even though it is paid. I think Ability is the one that is screwed up for $210. The OC fell off earlier this year for ability. The OC for HMC Group was never on my report to begin with. Thank you for your reply.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.