Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this my student loans?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Is this my student loans?

The remaining balance on your mortgage or non-mortgage installment loans is too high.

Check your installment loans to calculate your remaining balances

FICO High Achievers [?]have paid down an average of 37% of the principal on their non-mortgage installment loans.

Your FICO® Score weighs the balances of your mortgage and non-mortgage installment loans (such as auto loan or student loans) against the original loan amounts. In general, when you first obtain an installment loan your balance is high, and as you pay this loan down, the balance decreases.

Keep this in mind: This factor will have less of a negative impact on your FICO®Score as you pay down your installment loans and the total balance decreases.

These have perfect payment history.  I have no other loans on my credit. No car, house or anything else.  I have a couple credit cards and several store cards.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this my student loans?

I see that is list student loans as an example.

I have been paying on them for 4 years and I pay a little over the min.  Not much but a little.

Message 2 of 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this my student loans?

Probably is. I got the same thing on mine, even though I haven't started paying them yet. Didn't seem to affect my score much, and didn't prevent me from approvals that I was seeking either.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.