Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this natural?

tag
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Is this natural?

Hey guys, I paid $1825 to pay GLA Collections in full for 5 total accounts.  I was disputing them with my insurance provider, but to get them removed from my report, I paid them in full completely. GLA representative told me that she would be sending a letter and then sending the correspondence to the CRA's to remove the tradelines/collections completely.

Also, I have received 5 letters (one for each account) stating they are Paid in Full, and are sending the request to delete them from each CRA.

I had a lender do a pull yesterday, and the accounts are updated to $0, PAID.  They are not however removed.  Is it normal for them to do a 2 step removeal, first removing the balance, and then requesting removal of the tradeline? 

Should I call GLA back to see what is going on? Rather frustrating, it's holding me up from my approval for USDA currently.

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Is this natural?

Not sure.  I read a recent post about the creditor said they update the balance when paid then do the full update at their normal reporting time.  This isn't the CA you are talking about, just some general information I read.

I don't know if there is any truth in it or not.

I do know that there was another poster that had the same thing happen with the same CA as you.  They updated and did not delete.  I'll have to see if I can find that post to see the final outcome.

Message 2 of 8
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Appreciate it Guiness!  I don't want to bug them, but at the same time, surely they can delete it pretty quickly can't they?  Especially if they have the ability to update the balance. They normally report on the 15th of the month, so we're a long way away from then. Hopefully you can find that thread, and give me some hope.

Could I send the "delete" letters to the CRA and have them remove them?

Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can try to send them.  I don't think it will hurt anything.

I'm with you.  If they can report the balance why not say delete?  Makes no sense to me.

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Found some recent threads and GLA kept their word and deleted the accounts.

Message 5 of 8
WillF360
Regular Contributor

That's good to know.  Still want to get it done as quickly as possible, ha.  I may try to call tomorrow to see if they can do a mid-term reporting for me. For $1825, surely they would, ha.

Message 6 of 8
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

@WillF360 wrote:

That's good to know.  Still want to get it done as quickly as possible, ha.  I may try to call tomorrow to see if they can do a mid-term reporting for me. For $1825, surely they would, ha.

I had an issue with LVNV updating instead of deleting when they told BBB they would. I took the delete letter and faxed it to all 3 CRAs. EX deleted within 24 hours, EQ deleted within 4 days and TU.... well they are usually really easy to work with, but I had to send the letter by fax to them 4 times. They deleted on day 7.

If you want the info for sending it via fax (each CRA is different as far as what info you have to include) I made notes Smiley Wink So I can post here (if fax numbers are allowed and not against forum rules), or send you a PM if you would like.

Message 7 of 8
WillF360
Regular Contributor

That would be awesome. If you could PM them to me, that'd be great. Did you include a cover letter or anything? Thanks so much!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.