Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Is this normal?

I was checking my plus score from EX and I lost 26 points in 4 days. So I printed my full report and I have some observations.

- My cap one with $500 CL finally reported in Feb as closed

- My mortgage was sold and in Feb, it finally recorded as closed. The new mortgage company hasnt repported yet. I'm assuming that my credit mix just got smashed becasue of no mortgage? Apparently, EX puts a lot of importance/weight in a mortgage.

Those are the only two changes I have notcied in my EX full report. The $500 CL was negligible in my total CL. My util on EX is still  at 8%

So what else could have caused my score to plumet that steep?

--------------------------------------------

To show how EX puts a lot of weight on mortgage, here is an extract from EX for my report.

EX.jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this normal?

I think EX just got mad at everyone.  My plus score dropped from 627 on Thursday to 598 on Friday.  The only difference is my UT% dropped by 15%.  Explain that one!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 2 of 11
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

my score dropped like 40 points on ex and only like 15 on eq utl went from 28% to 55% thoSmiley Embarassed

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 11
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

I'm convinced Experian hates everyone. My EX is 591, but my EQ and TU is 648 and 690, respectively. That's a 100 point difference! It's very frustrating because my wife and I are looking to apply for a mortgage later this year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 4 of 11
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Thank goodness the plus is a FAKO.

Message 5 of 11
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Seriously, CS - I wouldn't worry about it.  In the time that my EX Plus dropped almost 30 points, my EQ Fico went up by almost 20.  

Message 6 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Strange that they consider mortgages to be 4~star quality, like some types of credit are worth more points.

I'd ignore the score, I quit trying to understand FAKO scoring logic a long time ago....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 11
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

It has been my experience that the plus score differentiates more between open and closed accounts than fico does. It also seems to value mortgages higher than fico does. Finally, plus is influenced by total credit limit, which I don't think impacts fico at all. For the last 6 months, experian has been reporting "low credit limits" as the second biggest negative on my file. Last week, my AU on one of my wife's cards began reporting (16k limit dwarfs my others). That reason disappeared and the score bumped 13 points. Myfico eq got the same data and score didn't budge. However, it did push AAoA to 6 years and 11 months, so curious to see if it bumps next month when it rounds to 7.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 8 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Hopefully when the EX FICO come out next week with PSECU I would see some score bump.

My Plusscore went from 698 to 672 in 4 days and the only changes were the ones i mentioned; got me worried. Man why does EX have to do that to me on a sunday night lol??

Message 9 of 11
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

They wanted you to worry about your score instead of paying attention to the Grammys.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.