cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible? Capital One success story?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this possible? Capital One success story?

I've sent 2 GW letters to 2 different mailing addresses over the past couple of days. I decided I would bite the bullet and call today to see if the CSR would be willing to make a GW adjustment. After explaining what happened, she said that she would dispute the current negative info on this account to the CRAs. I'm still shocked that it's possible after one phone call. Would she lie to me over the phone? She did say that I would be receiving a letter from Capital One re: the dispute...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this possible? Capital One success story?

Let me just clarify what I'm asking. Am I really getting a GW adjustment? Or is it possible that I misunderstood something?

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The same happened to me back when. I had a paid, current, and closed CapOne but had a 5-yo 30-day and 90-day at the time. I sent GW after GW with no success and decided to call their main number for the heck of it. The rep said the exact same thing and I clarified with him that I agreed with the late, but I was looking for GW. He was adamant on the word and I certainly wasn't going to hang up on him. After two weeks, the 30 and 90 disappeared off TU only. At the same time, I problably sent 10 GWs via mail inside a month, so I can't concretely say the phone call did it. Try as I might, I couldn't get EQ and EX to do the same and it fell off naturally.

Side tangent, my call was rerouted to a foreign call center. The rep and I hit it off because he has a sister who owns a restaurant in my town that I frequented prior to calling him. Small world.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

The same happened to me back when. I had a paid, current, and closed CapOne but had a 5-yo 30-day and 90-day at the time. I sent GW after GW with no success and decided to call their main number for the heck of it. The rep said the exact same thing and I clarified with him that I agreed with the late, but I was looking for GW. He was adamant on the word and I certainly wasn't going to hang up on him. After two weeks, the 30 and 90 disappeared off TU only. At the same time, I problably sent 10 GWs via mail inside a month, so I can't concretely say the phone call did it. Try as I might, I couldn't get EQ and EX to do the same and it fell off naturally.

Side tangent, my call was rerouted to a foreign call center. The rep and I hit it off because he has a sister who owns a restaurant in my town that I frequented prior to calling him. Small world.

Thanks so much for sharing your story. That made me feel better. It was just virtually impossible to believe that it could happen so easily with one phone call, especially after reading so many others having difficulty with CapOne on this forum.  I was also very clear that it was my fault and I wasn't disputing the late payments, just asking for a GW adjustment. (I had set up automatic payments, which apparently only last for 3 months. I didn't realize it as the drafts came from my USAA account which I only use to pay my USAA insurances and my CapOne CC. So, I rarely check the account. I've definitely learned that lesson!)

It is a very small world. I explained my situation to the CSR (single mom looking to buy her first home). The CSR was also a single mom, who was renting. So, I guess it helped that she could relate to my situation. Sounds like having a personal connection also worked for you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.