Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this proof of DV?

tag
Nectarine
Contributor

Re: Is this proof of DV?

Oh Snap, Ilecs!

That letter is amazing. Smiley Happy I will definitely use it (edited of course) for FBCS.
Message 11 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Nectarine wrote:
Oh Snap, Ilecs!

That letter is amazing. Smiley Happy I will definitely use it (edited of course) for FBCS.

You are giving me credit where credit is not due. It has been around on these forums for quite a while and HappyDays frequently refers to it. Again, not endorsing it, but if it works, and the CA goes away, then it is worth it.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I sent the letter to the CA and just received the GC back. In the letter it states they (CA) have 5 days to remove the TL. So, my question is what is my next course of action if the CA does not remove the TL? Should I send copies of all my DV letters, GC, etc. to the CRAs asking them to delete? Thanks
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No responses? Seriously?
Message 14 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mainemedic wrote:
OK so I sent the letter to the CA and just received the GC back. In the letter it states they (CA) have 5 days to remove the TL. So, my question is what is my next course of action if the CA does not remove the TL? Should I send copies of all my DV letters, GC, etc. to the CRAs asking them to delete? Thanks

There's plenty of debate within these forums, but IMO, the CA has an unlimited time to validate. There is no federal law, including the FDCPA, that places time limits on responding to a DV. However, some states may require a limit (TX).

Now, we know that they didn't validate properly. They didn't tell you the OC name and address. Your state may even require more info. I would blitz the FTC, BBB, your state agencies, their state agencies, etc so as to put pressure to delete. I probably would also send copies to the CRAs and dispute via mail.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA that I sent this letter to did not respond at all.  Sure I received the green card back but oh well.  My letters are ready to go the credit bureaus tomorrow, with copies of everything, signed green card, receipt and a copy of the letter.  IMHO it never hurts to try.  And try and try. 

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:12 PM
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.