Contributor

Re: Is this proof of DV?

Oh Snap, Ilecs!

That letter is amazing. :smileyhappy: I will definitely use it (edited of course) for FBCS.
Moderator Emeritus

Nectarine wrote:
Oh Snap, Ilecs!

That letter is amazing. :smileyhappy: I will definitely use it (edited of course) for FBCS.

You are giving me credit where credit is not due. It has been around on these forums for quite a while and HappyDays frequently refers to it. Again, not endorsing it, but if it works, and the CA goes away, then it is worth it.
Frequent Contributor

OK so I sent the letter to the CA and just received the GC back. In the letter it states they (CA) have 5 days to remove the TL. So, my question is what is my next course of action if the CA does not remove the TL? Should I send copies of all my DV letters, GC, etc. to the CRAs asking them to delete? Thanks
Frequent Contributor

No responses? Seriously?
Moderator Emeritus

mainemedic wrote:
OK so I sent the letter to the CA and just received the GC back. In the letter it states they (CA) have 5 days to remove the TL. So, my question is what is my next course of action if the CA does not remove the TL? Should I send copies of all my DV letters, GC, etc. to the CRAs asking them to delete? Thanks

There's plenty of debate within these forums, but IMO, the CA has an unlimited time to validate. There is no federal law, including the FDCPA, that places time limits on responding to a DV. However, some states may require a limit (TX).

Now, we know that they didn't validate properly. They didn't tell you the OC name and address. Your state may even require more info. I would blitz the FTC, BBB, your state agencies, their state agencies, etc so as to put pressure to delete. I probably would also send copies to the CRAs and dispute via mail.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
The CA that I sent this letter to did not respond at all.  Sure I received the green card back but oh well.  My letters are ready to go the credit bureaus tomorrow, with copies of everything, signed green card, receipt and a copy of the letter.  IMHO it never hurts to try.  And try and try. 

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 06-02-2008 02:12 PM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.