New Contributor
jacq

Is this reason to dispute...

or am I grasping at straws? I've pulled my 3 annuals and have been comparing the dates of an old but recently added collection. The account is from around 2009. I got the dunning dated March 29th and I PIF in less than 2 weeks.

There's a paragraph on the dunning that states..."if you fail to resolve this balance, this account many be reported to one or more national credit bureaus." I did, and it already had been. Trickery. Apparently they had been reporting on Ex since Dec '12. But, this also means that no dunning was sent within 5 days of their placing it on my credit report...

What to do...

Regular Contributor
Rlandon87

Re: Is this reason to dispute...

No you can't dispute it for the reason I think you're getting at...
Besides you've already paid the debt In full.

GW the company--

Good things to actually dispute-
Incorrect balances/payments
Chances are if you do find a reason to dispute and the balance has been PIF they probably will not waste their resources responding to verify correct reporting-
 photo ficos3.jpg
New Contributor
jacq

I paid it quickly because it was a nominal amount and didn't feel it was worth the risk of a new collection hitting. Had I known they were already reporting, I would not have. Yet another reason for a good CMS. :smileysad:

Thanks for your input!

Shogun

Get your GW printed up and get it in the mail.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}