cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this reporting wrong? CH7 filed 1/2016, discharged 6/2016 Creditor lists Negative in June 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this reporting wrong? CH7 filed 1/2016, discharged 6/2016 Creditor lists Negative in June 2016

2x.png

Isn't this illegal for them to be reporting Negative in June when I filed in January and it was discharged in June.  It's messing up my time since last late.  If not for this it would > 1year not 8 months>?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is this reporting wrong? CH7 filed 1/2016, discharged 6/2016 Creditor lists Negative in June 20

It is not "illegal."

They made a good-faith reporting, likely without any knowledge of whether the BK would be discharged.

Reporting by a creditor does not give rise to any potential civil action for misreporting, even if you feel that the reporting was knowingly inaccurate, unless and until the consumer has first filed a dispute with the CRA contesting its inaccuracy, and providing the furnisher with the opportunity to correct.  FCRA 623(c).

File a dispute and have the CRA conduct a reinvestigation of your assertion.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this reporting wrong? CH7 filed 1/2016, discharged 6/2016 Creditor lists Negative in June 20

You are right illegal was the wrong word.  I was looking to see if it was reporting accurately or wrong. 

I believe it is reporting wrong and sent a letter to the creditor as Experian had already investigated it.

Hopefully they will change it because I don't think they can report it as negative after the filing date.  That was my question.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.