Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this right?

tag
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Is this right?

I happened to pull my FreeCreditReport.com report this morning and my score took a 60pt hit.  When I checked it out, I disovered that an old collection from 2011 that I just paid off was updated.  They updated the unpaid balance from $775 to $776 and showed an FP for February.  When I called them, they are insisting that they reported it correctly but it can take the CRA 45-60 to catch up with the paid in full part.  That just doesn't make sense that part of the TL would get updated but not all of it. 

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Is this right?

If that collection has not updated since 2011 and you just paid it, that is what casued the drop.  It updated to a current date making it appear newer than it is.

You are also looking at a 3rd party report and not one directly from the CRAs.  Those can have formatting issues.

As for the score, it is a FAKO score and not a FICO so a FICO score may not have done the same.

Have you pulled your free reports from annualcreditreport.com?

Message 2 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

I tried pulling my annual report (EX) and it says that they can not process my online request.  I pulled it through myFico and it says that there is a fraud report on my account so I don't know if that has something to do with it.  I didn't report any fraud so not sure where the fraud report came from.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 3 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you ever disputed something as not yours the CRAs could have put one on your report.  Happened to me.

Message 4 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

I just pulled it through myFico and it shows the same thing.  The good news though is that myFico score didn't drop.  It's actually 3 pts higher but that's because a CLI just reported on a CC.

Message 5 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

It's just aggravating that they would go out of their way to report a $1 balance increase without reporting it PIF at the same time!

Message 6 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@KellyP25721 wrote:

It's just aggravating that they would go out of their way to report a $1 balance increase without reporting it PIF at the same time!

Its standard faire with some CAs, the final dig.

Message 7 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Guess that means the chances of them granting a GW are pretty slim then too!  ;-)

Message 8 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Why are they allowed to get away with that crap?  Is there anything that can be done?

Message 9 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.