Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this still derogatory? Need advice on CRA dispute process

tag
Lilybuggy
Valued Member

Is this still derogatory? Need advice on CRA dispute process

I had derogatory from 2005 that was due to fall off this month I believe.  When I look at my credit report now, it is no longer listed in the group of "potentially negative", however, under payment status it says "current, was past due 60 days." To me, this is still a derogatory notation.  Should I dispute this with the CRA?

Also, I read about not doing disputes with CRA online, is it still true to do only written disputes? Also, found several other errors, such as closed and paid off student loans account listed as deferred.  So do I do all my disputes within one letter?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Is this still derogatory? Need advice on CRA dispute process

I have had great luck disputing online..
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the delinquency occured, then I see nothing inaccurate in reporting that it was, in the past, 60 days late.

How a commercial credit report formats the fact, or uses listings that are not actual credit reporting codes, such as "potentially negative," would not, in my opinion, be a disputable matter of inaccuracy in actual credit reporting.

Message 3 of 5
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I have found that only experian reports it as "potentionally negative" they use a gray box rather than a red one, but both mean the same exact thing..I would pull your equifax and TU on myfico..or go to freeannualcreditreport.com and pull them to get a more accurate picture of your credit.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 4 of 5
Lilybuggy
Valued Member

Thanks for the responses so far.

I have pulled my credit reports from the  USAA monitoring site.  However, only one cra is reporting this account at all.

I should clarify that I am not trying to dispute how the cra organizes or formats or styles their information. I couldn't care less about that. However, everything I have seen says that even accurate derogatory information cannot be reported past 7 years.  They have moved the account from the "negative category" but it still contains derogatory information which extends beyond the 7 year time limit.   I found the statute which says they cannot report negative information, past 7 years, so I suppose that is enough to dispute.

If anyone else has any advice or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.