Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this worth a PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this worth a PFD?

I have a collection from 2010 from Business & Professional Svc (medical collection for $99). Does my calling restart the clock for *anything*? Since it's such a small amount, is it really hurting my score?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this worth a PFD?

I'm working on my medical collections right now and to be honest, with a debt that small.  If you can get them to agree to a PFD, its going to do nothing but help your overall report and prevent it from popping up with a NEW and perhaps less understanding collections agency down the road.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It most definately does not affect its credit report exclusion date in any manner, as that date is set by statute as expiring on one date-certain.... 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the OC account.

The SOL status of the debt might be affected should your state SOL statute provide for reset based on admission of debt or firm offers to pay.

Check out the reset provisions of your state SOL code.  If you call, do not admit to owing the debt, and make it clear that any offer is not a firm offer to pay, but merely a contingent offer to faciliate resolution of the matter should they agree to delete from your credit report.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a few from 2010 - all hospital bills that I thought my insurance picked up - never got bills for - when I had my c-section. They're 99, 313, and 1400 something. Should I try and take care of them so they don't bite me in the @$$ come mortgage time (this fall, hopefully), or just let sleeping dogs lie? THe 1400 is from the hospital itself, should I  call them and arrange payment directly?

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

ARe the unpaid medicals now reporting as collections, or only by the OC?

Since an OC cant delete reporting made by a debt collector, if they are reporting as collections, it may be more advisable to PFD the debt collector.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.