cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is wrong apt no sufficient basis to challenge?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Is wrong apt no sufficient basis to challenge?

Ok, y'all were right about updated status on TU site from when I challenged gulf states/entergy. They changed on small thing on report and that was it. I'm trying to do a PFD but it's going no where. One thing I found out, they have acct as listed as my old address but have apt no as 331. This wasn't my apt. My apt was 1331. Is that sufficient basis to challenge as "not me"??

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is wrong apt no sufficient basis to challenge?

But was it yours?

Message 2 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I closed my account with zero balance and I don't recall ever seeing my bill from them as apt 311. So no, the amount of money they say I owe is not mine. How they reached this wrong conclusion is beyond me.

Message 3 of 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

So try to dispute it then.  If it is your bill, it will come back verified and possibly with your correct apartment number.  If not, then it will disappear.

If you truely believe the bill is not yours, then that is what the dispute process is for.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:
I closed my account with zero balance and I don't recall ever seeing my bill from them as apt 311. So no, the amount of money they say I owe is not mine. How they reached this wrong conclusion is beyond me.

OP, I asked because you made a mention that you tried to PFD. I'd call the utility and ask for the last couple of bills.

Message 5 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

OP, I asked because you made a mention that you tried to PFD. I'd call the utility and ask for the last couple of bills.

I offered pfd because the bill is small and quicker to get off my record than dispute. The pfd did not say that I acknowledge the debt.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Don't pay it if not yours. Def. don't offer a PFD. I'd ask for the last couple of bill copies from the OC. Once you get them put it back at them as it would show they are misreporting and tell them to delete. If they remain stubborn, then dispute with the bill copies.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.