Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with CA

Hey Everybody,

I just discovered this amazing site recently, I fear I may have done so a little too late.  I pulled my free annual credit reports and found a collection in place since 07/13 for some dentistry work. Luckily its only on Experian and not the other two. I called the company and asked for a pfd option, didn't know about sending in any letters or having them place it on the payment confirmation. The collection is for 488, when I called for pfd they said to have the account settled I would have to pay 515. I did, the agent even reported over the phone that when people ask for that option of pfd that she recommends to file a dispute with Experian and it would be removed within 24 hours or that it could take up to 45 days for removal without the dispute.

The confirmation letter was emailed to me has the letterhead of the CA (which is Credit Management systems) but was emailed as a .doc that was left changeable, which I thought was odd. The confirmation letter is very short and as copied from the word doc states:

"The below referenced account has been paid in full and the account has been closed by this office as of June 23rd, 2014. However, should the payment be disputed at a later date, all active collection activities will be immediately re-instated. "

I was nervous about filing a dispute after getting this and decided to wait it out. Its been quite some time since 06/23/14. I pull experian everyday, no alerts/no updates. Is there anything I could do about this situation?

I'm just not sure what to do regarding getting this updated, I also just placed a security freeze on experian and though I believe I read somewhere on these forums they should be able to delete, if not at least edit the account with the freeze in place. Thank You for taking time to skim through this.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Issue with CA

Well, you have an agreement even it is not in writing. I would call or email creditor first and then file dispute. If it won't be removed then file a complaint with CFPB.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding. I wanted to check on my available options and have sent them a GW email. The account manager has been surprisingly courteous to me so I am hoping to have this positively resolved. Will update when I get a response.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay for thread revival!

So, I sent a GW email in early 09/14 to the account manager and her response was that they were going to remove it and she would call me afterwards. I never have received the phone call nor responses to subsequent contact attempts. I have been patient, but I am filing the dispute on Experian. Lord Help Me.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright guys, final update for anyone curious.....

I just received the email that the dispute results are in and it was DELETED! Experian went from 671 - 723! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job. So glad it worked out for you. Very nice score bump.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.