Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with VERIZON!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with VERIZON!!!!!

Being a happily FORMER customer of Verizon, was charged an early termination fee...so I let it go and paid off all other of my debts...I arranged payments with VZ in Dec 10, Jan my husband lost his job.  I contacted VZ immediately and asked if I could pay later in the month, they aggreed accepted my payment and sent my account to collections...so I paid off the collection agency, but VZ is still listed as the OC and they have not updated the account since Jan when they CO the account...I could not believe that they sent me to collections after making arrangements for payment!!!  How do I get VZ to delete the account and update the information!!!  This has really made my score nose dive!!!  I would love some ideas on writting a GW letter or a PFD letter...

mst

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issues with VERIZON!!!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!!  I just got a message from score watch regarding VZ they have FINALLY updated my account and they are showing a $0 balance from $963 balance, paying old bills to a CA will work, BUT in order to get any sort of resolution I have found once you have made the payment in FULL, immediately dispute with the CRA...it took only two weeks to get this situation resolved instead of the 60 days it usually takes!!! My score jumped 26 POINTS TODAY!!!!!

Message 2 of 11
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Hey,

I got an account removed last year from Verizon. They were a tough nut to crack though.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know right?? But it is so worth the FIGHT!!!  ROFL!!!!  It seems as though they are trying to change there methods of screwing people!!!  I was reading some post on another blog and a lot of complaints make their way to the FTC and the Vice President of the company...it really makes them look bad to do this kind of stuff to people...I will never go back to Verizon!!!

Message 4 of 11
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Yes, it does make them look bad! The person I got in contact with was a high level executive and he got right on the matter! Which I was grateful for.

Message 5 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

AWESOME NEWS!!!  I just got a message from score watch regarding VZ they have FINALLY updated my account and they are showing a $0 balance from $963 balance, paying old bills to a CA will work, BUT in order to get any sort of resolution I have found once you have made the payment in FULL, immediately dispute with the CRA...it took only two weeks to get this situation resolved instead of the 60 days it usually takes!!! My score jumped 26 POINTS TODAY!!!!!

OP, that score gain may be short-lived. When a TL is disputed (OC TLs), the negative components and the balance, even while visible ($0), are removed from FICO scoring. Once the dispute clears, and the TL is updated, then FICO once again scores the negative aspects of that TL. Paying a non-CC CO or a CA will never ever improve your FICO scores. FICO reads it as a CO and that's the cause of the score damage.

Send them GWs asking for deletion. You wouldn't want it updated.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely...I really never understood until now how important that step was I did already put in a request for deletion, I am trying not to get my hopes up too high...would you suggest sending GW letters certified??  I sent mine snail mail but it is not certified...Some people feel that it is not worth the money but others feel as if it is a good way of showing proof in case you are stuck with a butt head in the recovery department...suggestions?

Message 7 of 11
mauve
Valued Contributor

Sending it certified is against the nature of the GW.  You don't need to have proof you sent a GW, and you also don't need to be asking a favor while not-so-subtly saying "I'm tracking that you've received this"

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
jmack711
Regular Contributor

I actually emailed someone and then had them send me a letter of agreement for the PFD prior to sending payment.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to have that contact info...just in case I have issues with the Recovery Dept...Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.