Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It can be done!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be done!

18 months ago I was in the high 500s and didn't think my credit would ever rebound. Last Christmas our landlord decided to sell and we really didn't want to move. Thankfully I found all the great people here. I joined MyFico in January and pulled my 3b which was 611-623-628. I had 2 secured credit cards from USAA that were a few years old showing perfect and an auto load with perfect 2 yr history. Using the info here I was able to clean up reports and add accounts. When I applied for my mortgage in mid June my middle mortgage score was 701! It's amazing what has happened in 9 months. Closed on the house on the 9th. These are my accounts today:

Amex Platinum NPSL

Amex Hilton Surpass $15k

Amex EDP $8k

Chase Ritz Carlton $10k

Citi Diamond Preferred $11.6k

USAA Rewards Visa $7k

USAA Rate Advantage Visa $8k

Lowes $35k

US Bank Cash+ $1k

Sportsmans Guide Visa $3.5k

Gander Mountain MC $3k

BMW Visa $2.5k

Marvel MC $4k

Mortgage $458k 3.5% fixed

Mercedes SL550 US Bank 2.9%

BMW 535i M Sport BMW Financial 1.9%

Current Fico 8: 703-746-708

While it seems all the progress was in the last 9 months the reality is it took 6.5 years. After everything fell apart I accepted the fact that I didn't have access to credit. I didn't apply for or think about credit for 6 yrs. it's a long road but it's worth it. Never take your eyes off the prize, have patience and you will be victorious!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It can be done!

Congrats. Impressive progress.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love it! It's amazing how circumstances can seem so overwhelming, but chipping away at it a bit at a time with a sense of direction of where you want to be, makes all the difference in the world.

Congratulations! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
aplast
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

18 months ago I was in the high 500s and didn't think my credit would ever rebound. Last Christmas our landlord decided to sell and we really didn't want to move. Thankfully I found all the great people here. I joined MyFico in January and pulled my 3b which was 611-623-628. I had 2 secured credit cards from USAA that were a few years old showing perfect and an auto load with perfect 2 yr history. Using the info here I was able to clean up reports and add accounts. When I applied for my mortgage in mid June my middle mortgage score was 701! It's amazing what has happened in 9 months. Closed on the house on the 9th. These are my accounts today:

Amex Platinum NPSL

Amex Hilton Surpass $15k

Amex EDP $8k

Chase Ritz Carlton $10k

Citi Diamond Preferred $11.6k

USAA Rewards Visa $7k

USAA Rate Advantage Visa $8k

Lowes $35k

US Bank Cash+ $1k

Sportsmans Guide Visa $3.5k

Gander Mountain MC $3k

BMW Visa $2.5k

Marvel MC $4k

Mortgage $458k 3.5% fixed

Mercedes SL550 US Bank 2.9%

BMW 535i M Sport BMW Financial 1.9%

Current Fico 8: 703-746-708

While it seems all the progress was in the last 9 months the reality is it took 6.5 years. After everything fell apart I accepted the fact that I didn't have access to credit. I didn't apply for or think about credit for 6 yrs. it's a long road but it's worth it. Never take your eyes off the prize, have patience and you will be victorious!

This is fantastic! I know its a couple months old, but I love the progress and improvement you've shown. Just got approved for the gander mountain card via the shopping cart trick for $400.00. I'm excited because its not their starting limit of $250! I'm excited to buy some ammo and pop off some rounds!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is amazing! Congratulations!!! I recently posted my stats to see if anyone could help by giving some pointers on what they would do in my situation to get my scores up. Now seeing this I have a lot of hope that they wil give me the same advice you received!. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Very inspiring!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.