tag
spike69
Frequent Contributor

It can get better....from 2/14 to 12/14

This is where I started when I joined MyFico 02/2014:

My credit snapshot:

I have no real open lines of credit to speak of. I paid off my car loan 2/2014

My Baddies (pretty much all of them :catsad:

Cap One: opened 1/08; C/O since 12/08; ok pymts 1/8-5/8 30-15 reported 6/8-10/8; schduled to "fall off" 3/2015  Deleted- this one took the longest, most calls to Cap One EO- my file for this one is an inch thick.

Premier 1 (FPB): opened 1/2007 ok pymts 1/07-5/2008. C/O since 10/08 fall off 3/2015  Deleted

Premier 2: opened 10/2007 ok pymts 10/07-5/08. C/O since 10/2008 fall of 3/15 Deleted

HSBC: opened 7/2007: ok payments 7/2007-6-2008. Closed 7/2009 and trasferred If its xfered  Deleted

IC Systems: Med bill that I am disputing. Dr of record is not mine, hospital I ave never been to Amount: $717.  deleted- was not mine

Regional Acceptance- Car loan taken 3/2007- PIF 2/2014. 5 30 days 1 60 day 1 90 day all neg deleted

Not baddies but not sure what they do for me: 

Pier One/Chase: Status: Closed never late. Closed by grantor (I never really used it...) Opened 3/1996 (by far oldest record)

First Premier: Opened 5/2005 Closed 2007 at my request (b/c I opened the other and did not want to pay fees)

Credit Union: car loan 7/2004-2/2007 Status; closed/never late

I have had 5 inquiries: 2 for jobs in 2013 (additional contracting trying to dig out of our hole) and 3 credit inquiries

As of Today:

MY REPORT IS CLEAN. CLEAN. NO DEROGATORIES!!

It feels amazing. My scores are still rebounding- was in the mid to high 500s now sitting mid six hundreds. I have two reporting CCs that i waitied FAR too long in this journey to get- if you can afford it and are able, open secured CCs as soon as you can while rebuilding. If i had done this in Feb when I sarted the clean up porcess i would have ten months of current revolving history instead of the six months I have now.

Most of the cleaining I did was repeated and relentless GWing. Calls to executive offices and just palin time. Other than that i was tracking progress, paying all current lines on time. Taling advantage of AU status for what it's worth on some credit scales. 

I know you will see stories here of 100 point jumps in months, I am sure that happens occassionally but as with building and maintaining your credit profile- slow and steady will win this race.

Best to all the rebuilders on here!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It can get better....from 2/14 to 12/14

Smiley Happy congrats! your hard work & persistance paid off...keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats!! That's a lot of deletes. Can you please PM the contact info for Regional. I have a 60 day I'm trying to delete and they gave me the whole "if we do it for you we have to do it for everyone" spew. Also what did you say to them?

I have a CO with Capital One too but I'm sure I'm out of luck with them lol.
Message 3 of 8
AllNatural

Congrats!!! 

Could you PM as well for first premier and HSBC... Both fall off next year as well. If I can get them off sooner that would be great. Thanks!

Current Score: 603b>
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
annm
New Contributor

How did you get the late's from Reg Accept off? They are the most evil subprime lenders.

Message 5 of 8
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all!

FPB (in my humble opinion is the MOST EVIL subprime) and with them it was an act of persistence. It is not clear in my post above the accounts were a result of Fraud. But a Fraud Affadavit, police report and BBB complaint still had them not budging whatsoever. A fax to EX,EQ and TU with all that info and the outrageous communications with FPB is what got those tradelines deleted.

HSBC was a letter to  the EO. Search it here- I am sure it is where I got the info. I could show my last pay off to them, There records from when they solf odd their CCs are BAD! That was deleted quickly!

Regional Acceptance was a bear. Ultimately my contact was also their executive office: {Edited to remove personal information. You are welcome to exchange such items through a PM -MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator} Te be frank, it was not an easy sell. I just looked in my docs for this one and there were 17 emails, eleven faxes and atleast a dozen phone calls. They bought my loan and did a terrible job with their record keeping. They also moved my due date five times. I had documentation on my side for this one.

Capital One is not impossible but definately not easy. That took me the last ten months plus the accounts were well past SOL and getting close to the seven year mark. I think they will not consider deletion until 6.5 years.

Best of luck to all the rebuilders out there!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! Yeah my capital one is fairly new. Although they did update my status to Paid CO and my score for experian went up. That finally put me over 600. The other two are tip toeing right under.
Message 7 of 8
rrdm78
Regular Contributor

Regional Acceptance do you have an email address for them?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.