Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It feels so good to get an approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It feels so good to get an approval.

I have been lurking on the outside of this forum for the better part of almost three months now. I can honestly say that there is a whole lot of useful information out there from all of the members that regularly contribute to this forum. I wish I would have discovered this place back in my time of need (like 2009). Now here I am now finally seeing a decent score on my FICO. I have been seeing scores in the low 500's for the past 7 years, It was just this past moth that I finally saw all of my baddies fall off my report and I am slowly climbing back to decent credit. 

The bad news for me is I know I will NEVER be able to get another chase card (I burnt them for over $10k, due to expiring SOL), and I am quite a few years out from getting another AMEX (burnt for $2,200). I also still have 2 baddies left on my credit, a CO\CA from Credit One and a repo that keeps growing, but I know I can work a settlement with them, I just have to grow my bank account enough to do that.

In the past month I will admit that I may have almost over done the SCT (3 in one month plus a HP for Meijer card), and now today I got the only card that will really matter to me for now, a Barclays Rewards MC. I know I got the high risk, low $500 limit, but I know I can grow it quick, as I helped my wife grow hers to 2k in 12 months. 

Now here's looking to the future and being able to purchase a house. I am hoping in the next 18-24 months.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It feels so good to get an approval.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been lurking on the outside of this forum for the better part of almost three months now. I can honestly say that there is a whole lot of useful information out there from all of the members that regularly contribute to this forum. I wish I would have discovered this place back in my time of need (like 2009). Now here I am now finally seeing a decent score on my FICO. I have been seeing scores in the low 500's for the past 7 years, It was just this past moth that I finally saw all of my baddies fall off my report and I am slowly climbing back to decent credit. 

The bad news for me is I know I will NEVER be able to get another chase card (I burnt them for over $10k, due to expiring SOL), and I am quite a few years out from getting another AMEX (burnt for $2,200). I also still have 2 baddies left on my credit, a CO\CA from Credit One and a repo that keeps growing, but I know I can work a settlement with them, I just have to grow my bank account enough to do that.

In the past month I will admit that I may have almost over done the SCT (3 in one month plus a HP for Meijer card), and now today I got the only card that will really matter to me for now, a Barclays Rewards MC. I know I got the high risk, low $500 limit, but I know I can grow it quick, as I helped my wife grow hers to 2k in 12 months. 

Now here's looking to the future and being able to purchase a house. I am hoping in the next 18-24 months.

You might add in your own Cap One card, and remove the AU account.

Message 2 of 5
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and good luck on your continued success. I too feel that you should get your own Capital One card. I think building a history with them will help your rebuild tremendously.
Message 3 of 5
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I would suggest you to slow down with SCT apps. Comenity is known to shut down cards if they think you have too many queries.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, unfortunately I read that a little too late, but I have really only used two of the cards, so I have my fingers crossed I don't get shut down. If I do, then I guess it is a small loss for me, and a lesson learned. If not then I might keep them for a while if they treat me right with CLI. I hope to have a goal of no CL under $1k in 18 months from now. I really don't want to be stuck in "toy card hell".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.