Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It really happened...AFNI is removing!

tag
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

It really happened...AFNI is removing!

Wow, I just opened my mail and got a response letter from AFNI for a PFD letter I sent them on March 20th.  I offered to pay 50% for a T-Mobile account, they responded that they had investigated and the account is being closed, any and all reporting of this account to credit reporting agencies would be removed within 60 days.  They actually said they were sorry for the inconvenience.  Checked my TU report - it is off already and it is off EQ, and EX.  This is a good day.  I wonder if it will increase my scores, wasn't going to check till may, but now I am curious, just wanted to share with people who care, thanks MYFICO!
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
invza1
Valued Member

Re: It really happened...AFNI is removing!

What??? and they didnt even take the payment? Sweet!
Message 2 of 4
ProudMomof5
Contributor

I need a copy of the letter you sent because they are giving me the hardest time negotiating and agreeing to delete.  What was in your letter?
Message 3 of 4
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

ProudMomof5 - if it helps here it is (it is from this site, just first paragraph changed for my situation):

Afni, Inc.

PO Box 3427 Bloomington, Il  61702-3427

RE:  Collection Account for Original Creditor T-Mobile

This letter is to inform you that the validity of thei sdebt is disputed.  I am not sure of the account number, and only have the information supplied by my credit reports.

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account a settlement amount of $XXX if you agree to immediate deletion of the account from any and all credit reproting agencies (Equifax, YtansUnion, and Experian).  The purpose of this settlement is merely to ahve this item removed from my credit files.  It is not to be construed as an acknowledgement of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, certified funds for the settlement amount of $XXX will be sent to Afni, Inc in exchange for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt.  As certified funds will be used for payment, there shall be no waiting period regarding the deletion of this accountf from the credit reporting agencies.

Afni, Inc agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account fromthe credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account.  If contacted by any third party, including credit reporting agencies, Afni, Inc will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, infact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of AFni, Inc.  It will be implied that this letter shall constitue a legally binding contract., enforceable under the laws of my state.

Please postmark your response no later that 15 days from reeipt of this settlement offer or this offer will be withdrawn and I will request FULL VALIDATION of this alleged debt, as provided for by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Please address all correspndence regarding this account to:

XXX

XXX

XXX, NJ  XXX

Good luck to you, I offered 50% originally because that is what they wanted me to pay to settle, they removed without the money.  Same letter has not worked with Asset Acceptance, I offerd to pay in FULL, will keep trying.

We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.