cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's a early Midland Funding Christmas miracle in August I say...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a early Midland Funding Christmas miracle in August I say...

Last night at 2am like I do every Sunday night I logged into my Credit Karma account.

I see that my scores on both EQ and TU went up a modest 5pts since one of my large $15,000 CLI finally hit one of my credit cards. Then I scroll down to the reports sections and what do my little credit shocked eyes see...

midland eq.jpg

Say what? Smiley Surprised

Equifax is the biggest SOB off all the credit bureaus to deal with as most of the long time members on here know. This negative account was not set to fall off until Jan-2017, so almost 4 1/2 months early or 3 1/2 months early from the normal 30 days before your DOD date that Equifax normally removes the negative for you. 

I'm positive this random deletion happened because of the lawsuit that I qualified for and joined on March 22, 2016 against Midland Funding. Not all Midland Funding debtors qualified, but I did and I got this claim receipt below. 

midland lawsuit receipt.jpg

This month the settlement terms were being finalized in court with Midland and one of those options was releasing people from its debt/collection with Midland. 

That is the only thing I can think of on why this credit positive happened to me.

Now I only have one last $0 balance CO baddie left on Equifax that is set to fall off in 100 days (12/1/16) from today. 

And now like Kevin Bacon says in the movie Footloose, "Let's Equifax Happy Dance"... Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's a early Midland Funding Christmas miracle in August I say...

Congrats Creditluv.

Wished that I could get rid of them.  I received documentation about the lawsuit, but no luck for meSmiley Sad.  Enjoy  your victory.... and we celebrate with  you.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 7
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Creditluv.

Wished that I could get rid of them.  I received documentation about the lawsuit, but no luck for meSmiley Sad.  Enjoy  your victory.... and we celebrate with  you.  Smiley Very Happy

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 7
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats Crédit Luv! I am in the same boat with Midland. Opted into the lawsuit via phone robo guy so not sure if I will get the same results. Disputed this thing at least 20 times with Equifax over the last several months with no budging by them. I really hope that I can get this last baddie of my report. Mine was a judgement though and not a collection so not sure how that may affect things.

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaykay65 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thomas Edison tried like 10,000x until he finally got the light bulb right. So only 9,980 more times left for you to try to get your Equifax Midland Funding baddies off. Smiley Very Happy

I got a judgment off Equifax (not Midland) 6 months EARLY with Equifax FYI.

It's rare, but possible if you catch some credit luck in a bottle.

Message 6 of 7
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thomas Edison tried like 10,000x until he finally got the light bulb right. So only 9,980 more times left for you to try to get your Equifax Midland Funding baddies off. Smiley Very Happy

I got a judgment off Equifax (not Midland) 6 months EARLY with Equifax FYI.

It's rare, but possible if you catch some credit luck in a bottle.

Indeed CreditLuv persistence pays off in the end. I will have the victory! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.