cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been 28 days since I asked for validation.....I want to be prepared for what to do next - HELP!

tag
blink182
Established Member

It's been 28 days since I asked for validation.....I want to be prepared for what to do next - HELP!

Good Morning Repair Friends! 

I live in Florida and am currently trying to get into a better credit circle after years of denial.

I sent Validation Requests 28 days ago certified mail RRR and of course all 4 companies "verified" with the CRAs almost a week ago and I haven't had the courtesy of receiving anything from them to me.

3 of the 4 companies are either not licensed or their license to collect in Florida has expired, yet they still keep reporting.

What should I be doing now to make sure I am ready to move forward in 2 days assuming there is not any validation that is sent to me?

I have called the FTC directly regarding the companies without a license in Florida, and I've called the Florida department of Financial Regulation.....both were very weak in their response - the FTC said I had to call Florida Financial.......Florida Financial said if they are not currently in the State of Florida or licensed in Florida there wasn't much they could do other than send a letter.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Re: It's been 28 days since I asked for validation.....I want to be prepared for what to do next - H

I'd wait for the full 30 before jumping any guns.

If Florida requires lisceneing to collect debts then an avenue you could go about would be the AG in the state. Usuaully you can call his/her office and talk with someone in regards to the matter. They will be able to confirm/deny what the current statue is and if there are any violations. They will also help you go abouts what actions to take.

FTC is the federal level and thus they have no jurisdiction over matters that are only at the state level thus why you got the "call your state's agency". However contacting the attorney general of your state will be able to tell you if 1. they are in violation of any state statutes/laws and 2. what the course of action is IF they are in violation of any state/federal laws/statues.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 2 of 4
blink182
Established Member

Re: It's been 28 days since I asked for validation.....I want to be prepared for what to do next - H

I wasn't going to do anything yet.....but I wanted to start getting letters ready to ship out in a few days because I thought that if the CA did not respond to a VA request in 30 days that I had some sort of leverage with getting them to stop reporting until they do....I just wasn't sure who to send evidence of asking for VA and not getting it to.

Do I send that directly to the CRAs?

Message 3 of 4
TrishN
Established Contributor

What is next if 30 days past?

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.