Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been a great couple of days!! ASSET - SCRA Cap One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a great couple of days!! ASSET - SCRA Cap One

I haven't posted much but I have been reading these forums everyday for a while now. My credit scores started out in the 490's and are now in the 630's.

So first off, in 2010 I was deployed to Iraq, submitted my paperwork to Capital One but they never lowered my interest rate. Being young and dumb I didn't pay anymore attention to it. Well, while I was deployed my car was reposessed in December and redeemed in January. So after reading about the lawsuit I decided to resubmit my dd214 to see if they can help me out with my lates during that time and reposession status. I called yesterday and the csr said my paperwork has been approved, interest rate is being reduced to 4% from May 2010 til now. I asked if the lates and RP status should be removed from my cr's and he said they should be. According to the SCRA they aren't supposed to report any adverse notations to the CR while protected by the SCRA. I hope he is right. The thing still up in the air is if I will be one of the people to get $10,000 since my car was reposessed while I was supposed to be protected by the SCRA???

Next, after battling with ASSET ACCEPTANCE for over a year, I wake up this morning to refresh my CR's and notice my balance due is lower than usual. Then I check my account total and its ONE lower! Sure enough ASSET is deleted off of my EX and EQ. It should be deleted from TU as well eventually right?

Anyway, only one collection to go and it should be smooth sailing!

Thanks for all of this boards help and insight!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Re: It's been a great couple of days!! ASSET - SCRA Cap One

Congrats! I am waiting for Asset to delete my CA. They said they would via a BBB complaint. It seems that TU is the slowest of the 3 to update info.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping that is the case!

Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to you!   Love to hear the good!

Btw...  on a personal note.   Thank you for your service.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're very welcome Shogun. 

Thanks for your advice. I have read TONS of your posts/replies.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It confirmed! ASSET is gone from all 3 reports now.

My Equifax is showing OK on all payments when I had 9 -30 days, 1 -60 days, and 1-90 day late reporting. I think this is due to them backdating my SCRA on my Capital One auto loan. Experian and Transunion are still reporting them.

I wonder if Experian and Transunion will follow?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.