Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's official...all collections gone!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's official...all collections gone!

I've been really focused since this May on getting my credit back in order. I'm feeling really good that I've got all my collection account paid and removed. I still have three baddies that I know I can get two gone. They are judgements. The third is a repo from WFDS from 1/2014 from my divorce. That one is just gonna have to age away unfortunately.

Question on that one though. I have a currently car loan I'm paying on time now but would like to trade it in towards the end of the year. If I get my scores up and continue to pay my current loan, is it possible that repo would be held against me by the "regular" finance banks or would I still be dabbling in subprime car loans...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's official...all collections gone!

Congrats on your success with those collections!  Smiley Wink  Not too sure on the auto loan repo from1/14.  Since it's fairly new, it could put you in with a higher interest rate.  Keep making your other payments on time.  If you have to trade in,  try to get the lowest rate possible & pay on it for a while, then see if you can refinance it to a lower rate.  I had no credit since we were paying by debit for everything  So I had to take the higher rate at 12% for 1 1/2 yrs and not the car I really wanted.  But that made the world of difference when it was time to buy my next car.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.