cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It works! Raised score ~100 pts in less than 3 months, got car loan I wanted! :) :) :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It works! Raised score ~100 pts in less than 3 months, got car loan I wanted! :) :) :)

Congrats! It's good to see someone successful after such hard work.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It works! Raised score ~100 pts in less than 3 months, got car loan I wanted! :) :) :)

Great work, sounds like you and I have had similar progress although I wasnt overseas i checked out of using credit 6 years ago and had some baddies unresolved and in July of last year needed a new car and checked my credit for the first time in 5 years and saw low to mid 500's.  Since then I have done many of the same things as you and have 631 to 675, most of that progress since January.  I appreciate you posting your story it always helps others to see there is hope if you take charge of this stuff and move forward.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats on your success!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 22
JoeDiver74
New Contributor

I keep seeing "Gardening" mentioned all over the pace on this board. Is that a metaphor for something?

Starting Score 2/2015: TU 519 EX 524
Current Score: TU 644 EX 681 EQ 766
Goal Score: 740 across all three agencies

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Starting Score: 592
Current Score: 592
Goal Score: 700

Message 14 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JoeDiver74 wrote:

I keep seeing "Gardening" mentioned all over the pace on this board. Is that a metaphor for something?

gardening is not applying for new credit for a period of time and just letting what you have grow..    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-August-2015/td-p/4160846

Message 15 of 22
JoeDiver74
New Contributor

Thanks gdale6,

Well, I spent hours on the phone with Equifax and Transunion today. Wow what a difference from Experian. The first lady I got from Equifax from an overseas call center was dumb as rocks. Wouldn't let me speak to a supervidor so I gave up and called back to get someone with a southern accent slightly more intellegent and helpful that contradicted everything the dumb lady was telling me (such as if I dispute something, it will possibly be renewed for another 7 years, or that for the purposes of correcting the age of debt,  two accounts [one credit union and the collection agency they sold the debt to] can not be considered as the same debt even if the dollar amount is identical, and the collection account even mentions the credit union as the original lender UNLESS there are matching account numbers in both. All three people I spoke to said it was violation of federal law to allow early exclusions, even if the debt shows aging off next month ortwo. I ended up disputing a bunch of stuff with them based on age and faxing in the message from Credit Solution Corp regarding the CFPB complaint above.

So whats the secret? Anyone have better numbers to call? I feel like I never got the right person despite asking fro a supervisor. I used the numbers here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CRA-Phone-amp-Fax-Numbers/m-p/407647

Message 16 of 22
JoeDiver74
New Contributor

Whohoo!!!   I can't remember the last time that word was used to describe my credit!

And I still have 2 baddies that will come off in the next few days and some greatly ruduced revolving credit to update. 

Message 17 of 22
JoeDiver74
New Contributor

Oh what a wonderful feeling. Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 22
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Congrats that is awesome work!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats! Great to see how hard work really does work!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.