cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item removed from one CB, validated on another?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Item removed from one CB, validated on another?

I have a First Premier charge off on all 3B. About 4 days ago I noticed it was removed from EX. Still on EQ and today it updated on TU with a remark that stated.

"disputed by consumer meets FCRA requirements"

So what does this mean exactly? Why was it removed from 1 bureau and not the other two?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Item removed from one CB, validated on another?

Credit reporting is optional on the part of any creditor.

To that end, they can choose to report to only one CRA, or to multiple CRAs.

Similarly, in response to a dispute, if they can verify the accuracy of the disputed information, they can choose to do so with only one CRA, and voluntarily delete their reporting with the other CRAs.  That reduces their future time and effort in updating their reporting.

Once a consumer files a dispute, the CRA must complete its reinvestigation within 30 days, and send its formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 business days thereafter.  That Notice of Results formally concludes the dispute, and must either verify the accuracy of the information as reported, correct the reporting so as to overcome any determined inaccuracy, or it neither of those two can be done, delete the unverified and uncorrected information.

The entry of the statement "disputed by the consumer, meets FCRA requirments" is terminology that means they have concluded the dispute by meeting the FCRA requirment of verification, correction, or deletion.

Message 2 of 3
nmjacobs
Contributor

Re: Item removed from one CB, validated on another?

Did you dispute this? I'm guessing you did not and this was perhaps added by the collection agency. In that case you would need to send a letter to request they remove that remark.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.