cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items deleted by PFD. Once bureaus are updated, will disputing have bureaus remove it faster?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Items deleted by PFD. Once bureaus are updated, will disputing have bureaus remove it faster?

I have a few items for which I did a Pay for Delete.  They agency reports to the bureaus on the 15th.  If I dispute them on the 16th, will it make my record update more quickly?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Items deleted by PFD. Once bureaus are updated, will disputing have bureaus remove it faster?

advocation of disputing valid reporting credit information cannot be done on myFico. If it is reporting correctly the entity who agreed to the PFD will have to remove it or cause it to be removed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Items deleted by PFD. Once bureaus are updated, will disputing have bureaus remove it faster?

I would just wait until they are removed. I don't see a need for a dispute.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the bureau gets a reported deletion from the debt collector, and you then send in a dispute based on their having agreed to a PFD, then you are notifying the CRA that the posted deletion is for a reason that is directly contrary to CRA policy and to their credit reporting agreement with the debt collector.

It could end up doing harm.

Not a good idea to notiry the CRA that a reported deletion is being made that is contrary to CRA reporting policy.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.