cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items deleted from collections and a charge-off... When Does SCORE INCREASE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Items deleted from collections and a charge-off... When Does SCORE INCREASE?

Hey so I'm in the process of repairing my credit and saw someone had purchased a vehicle with me as cosigner 10 years ago. I submitted my police report and have had it deleted from one credit bureau already. This was considered a repossession and also $8357 in debt. With this big debt being deleted I didn't see an increase in my score on Transunion. I also had 3 medical items deleted from all bureaus because of insurance errors and had another item deleted related to an apartment I didn't reside in. The score hasn't gone up and these items were deleted within the last 5 days. How long does it take for scores to change ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Items deleted from collections and a charge-off... When Does SCORE INCREASE?

A score change would be immediate upon deletion. But, if you have any other derogatory accounts/items (such as lates) on your reports you might not get any score increase until the last derogatory account/item is gone. What are you using to monitor your reports?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Items deleted from collections and a charge-off... When Does SCORE INCREASE?

Ok thank you for the response. I'm using credit wise, my fico, credit karma. I only ask because I had other items deleted and saw a 47 point increase. It's just confusing because I thought the points up came from the month prior because the points went up and then 2 days later I received the update that the items had been deleted.
Message 3 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Ignore the scores from Credit Karma and Creditwise, thise aren't Fico scores. I could be wrong, but I don't think deletions will trigger an updated score in MyFico. You might have to wait for a trigger, such as a balance increase/decrease or a limit change for a score update.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Ignore the scores from Credit Karma and Creditwise, thise aren't Fico scores. I could be wrong, but I don't think deletions will trigger an updated score in MyFico. You might have to wait for a trigger, such as a balance increase/decrease or a limit change for a score update.

Every time I had a deletion I have had MyFICO update. It just takes while.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thank you so much.. I feel like I'm playing a game with the credit bureaus.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deletion will trigger a alert i have two in last month ally and credit one both showed up
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok awesome! Thank you. I'm realizing when I pay off some debt (medical ) my score goes down.. in the long run it will be better because all negative accounts will be off which will make it easier to be approved for a mortgage loan, when that time comes. Just waiting on my secured card to get here so I can start using that as well.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.