cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its bout to be World War 3 with Portfolio Recovery!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Its bout to be World War 3 with Portfolio Recovery!

Heres a quick rundown of the story:

I Dv'd portfolio and i just got their letter today they only provided  original creditor, date account was opened, date of last payment, amount of last payment(which is a lie) Date of purchase, and originals creditor charge off date!

Some may say thats validating the debt i on the other do not think so!

Ok heres the second story:

I also receive another letter from them except this letter is a collection letter from an account that was opend in 95. they say it was charged off in july of 2004. They claim its from kay jewelers account that was not paid (also a lie). They just made up some random bill from the original creditor that my mom just so happened to have had an account with! This is so bogus! According to their dates and such this account is past SOL!

I guess i have awaken the dragon! I will fire off a DV just as soon as i get one typed up! The nerve of them!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 07-05-2008 10:55 AM

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 07-05-2008 10:55 AM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Its bout to be World War 3 with Portfolio Recovery!

Going by what the FTC says.....yes this is all they have to give you!  BUT if they file a lawsuit against  they will need almost everything on the DV letter!

If it isn't yours file a ID Theft report with the police  or go to the FTC site and see what they say
Message 2 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Nice to see you back Happydays...and the kay jewelers account has no business being collected by them because the account was never in a negative standing! It has not shown up on the credit reports yet!

As far as the other account they validated...how do i know it actually belongs to my mom if their is no proof, how can  one conclude they owe?

I need to a signature to believe that the debt is actually mine!
Message 3 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

So is there nothing else i can do? Since they "properly" validated!dSmiley Mad
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a CA sends a bill from who they are collecting from it MUST be on the letterhead of the OC.....the CA can NOT just print something out!

You can call the OC and see what they have in their records.
Message 5 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Well according to Portfolio the OC is Midland Credit Management! Now how do i go about doing that one?Smiley Indifferent

NO let me clarify that, on the letter PRA sent me in the mail they listed the OC as Household, on the credit reports, they are reporting the OC as MCM!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 07-08-2008 05:21 PM
Message 6 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

So do i need to send them another DV letter?
Message 7 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

bump

Should i mention something about providing information from the OC's Letterhead?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I sent a second DV letter, I didn't send the DV letter found here, I just sent a letter stating:

"I recently requested debt validation on a debt that you claim I owe. What I received from you was a letter basically stating the same information I can get from looking at my credit report. I am not requesting a letter that contains the same information I can find on my credit report. I am requesting PROOF that this is my debt. Please provide something from the original creditor that shows this is my debt and what the amount is."
Message 9 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Beautiful, just beautiful! Thanks Sidewinder! I'll use that and see what they come up with!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.