Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its only been 3 weeks, I've learned so much.....except

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Its only been 3 weeks, I've learned so much.....except

I am tired of waiting!!! I have NO patience at all....I am tired of waiting for responses from DV and GW letters, phone calls, and e-mails. I think I have purchased 5 CR and 6 scores in 3 weeks....I am totally addicted to this now. I should be proud of myself, so much progress.....but, I paid off two tax liens, and a judgement. Why does it take so long for them to get OFF my reports? I just want to get over 640, so I can qualify for my USDA loan. I just want to buy my house. That is all. Thanks for "listening"

---Seriously tired of waiting  Smiley Sad 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Re: Its only been 3 weeks, I've learned so much.....except

I hear you!  I'm the same way.  I've actually told myself that I will not check my credit report or score for one month.  Good luck with your endevours!

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Message 2 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

LOL! This boat is getting full!! I am with you completely. Just need to get over that 640 hump too!! I have been at this for a while, back in 09-10, I was super determined to get my score up and clean up my credit and I took a good stab at it, but then some life stuff happened and I got lazy and irresponsible AGAIN and am not as bad as I was when I first started, but not well either. I've paid off my collections from 11 and now I do have 2 years of good payments on everything, it's just a waiting game now...... Stop wasting your money checking scores here, they don't change much over a short period, I will admit that my addiction is once monthly, the 5th of every month I pull at least one report and score. Checking it once a month will save you money and you will get a slightly bigger picture then checking weekly. Good luck!!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 3 of 22
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

newmomnewme

I compeletely understand!  I have been doing the same thing - waisting money on constantly checking my reports - BUT, now that I've got a few new lines of credit, I've received increases on my two older credit cards, I have realized I now need to wait. 

I've been able to get two accounts deleted (with the exception that they are still on EQ) and I am working on getting another gone with a GW.  It is tough to wait but unfortunately, that's all we can do.  But I understand about wanting a house.  My fiance and I are going to be looking in the spring / summer so I'm hoping my credit will be at least 70-100 points better by then!

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 4 of 22
doc101
Regular Contributor

I know the feeling as well. The road to rebuilding is a long one and the wait of seeing the "fruits of your labor" is even longer. In the end, all the work and patience will be well worth it. Good luck on your journey

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 22
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone!!! I just got back from the mailbox...I went to see if my state lien withdrawal or judgement satisfaction were there. No and no..LOL Its crazy because if  I know it will all happen when it is supposed to happen. I just have so many irons in the fire (GW, PFD, DV, disputes, etc) that I just want to FINISH something. 

The boat is FULL!!! Thanks again for the support. (It has only been three weeks; it feels like a few months)

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 6 of 22
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Glad to know i am not the only mailbox checker here.  I left the campground Saturday to come home, check the mail and send off two GW letters hahaha

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 7 of 22
NewGirlNewLife
Established Member

Scootch over, y'all, and make room for me. Another newbie, hooked on progress!

Newbie, rebuilding after divorce.
(10/1/2013 from MyFico 3-score)
EXP: 696
EQ: 661
TU: 668
Goal: 700+ for all three!
Message 8 of 22
choppa02
Contributor

Lol mail box and email checker here! Wasted so much $ just to be disappointed to the the same score after purchase smh
Message 9 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

It can take months to repair something that took one moment to screw up.  Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.