Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its only been 3 weeks, I've learned so much.....except

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Its only been 3 weeks, I've learned so much.....except

tax liens and judgment won't just fall off your report because you paid.

It's a lot of work, yes it is.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  The judgment must be vacated.  Have you stepped into that arena? 

Message 11 of 22
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

tax liens and judgment won't just fall off your report because you paid.

It's a lot of work, yes it is.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  The judgment must be vacated.  Have you stepped into that arena

Not yet, I am waiting to get a copy of the judgement satisfaction, then file a motion to set aside a default judgement ( I downloaded the form and I will write a GW type letter to the OC and OC attorney).  Do you suggest I do anything else? Virginia doesn't vacate judgements just because they are satisfied.  I MAY be able to get it set aside because  I was not at court......  
On top of that, the CA refused to PFD, so I am writing them GW letters each week as well. They called back after getting the first one...told me they got my payment and would update the account as paid/settled in full. Thanks.  Smiley Sad

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I had a CA who REFUSED all attempts at PFD.  I finally paid them and sent a gw asking for deletion.  POOF, never heard from them, but they did delete.

Go figure.  They are strange beasts! 

Message 13 of 22
Shokk
Established Contributor

It definitely takes some patience.  Its in short supply here as well.  I started back in June and still plugging away.

STOP wasting your money on those reports!  If you're dead set on buying the real thing, at least give it a couple months.  I know its hard, but it can take 90 days for things to get updated/removed.  That's a lot of wasted money IMO.  I use 1 monitoring service that lets me pull daily at no charge. Once that's clean, I'll pay for full reports to make sure the others are correct.  Unless you just have money to burn, then carry on. Smiley Happy

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 14 of 22
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Shokk, so true!  I was purchasing mine WAY too often and I've only just begun.  I've curbed that, thankfully, and I've told myself that if I don't get a letter saying something is going to be deleted, then I will not purchase them for 90 days.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 15 of 22
Cprman
Contributor

I'd go with a daily monitoring service. It's helpful to learn how long it take good trade lines and bad to report or when things are corrected. It was great during the active phases when I was on credit score crack. But once you're in a gardening phase just don't waste your money. The best thing about credit is once you learn the write way to do it will just continue to get better and better. Time is your best friend.

5/08 EQ 696.....9/13 EQ 796.....9/17 EX 824, EQ 843
Amex Blue Cash 15K || PenFed Cash Rewards 18K || Chase Freedom 12K || Cap1 Quicksilver 15K || Amazon Prime 3.8K || Citi Double Cash 10.8K
Message 16 of 22
choppa02
Contributor

Is there a three report daily monitoring system u recommend?
Message 17 of 22
mebell
Regular Contributor

@Shokk wrote:

STOP wasting your money on those reports!  If you're dead set on buying the real thing, at least give it a couple months.  I know its hard, but it can take 90 days for things to get updated/removed.  That's a lot of wasted money IMO.  I use 1 monitoring service that lets me pull daily at no charge. Once that's clean, I'll pay for full reports to make sure the others are correct.  Unless you just have money to burn, then carry on. Smiley Happy

What monitoring service do you use and what CRA does it allow you to pull from?

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Message 18 of 22
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

We are credit score junkies....Someone please help us!!! Where can we find a daily score monitor for all 3 CRA?!?! I want to know. In all seriousness, I think I can afford about $20 per month, so I am going to go with myFico EQ score watch. They text when your score changes right? LOL

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 19 of 22
mebell
Regular Contributor

I have been signed up for it for a few weeks. I still have no idea what it really does lol. I read the description about the service and have read forums about it. I have signed up for text notifications, but never recieved one when I got my alert on here Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.