Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J Crew

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

J Crew

Question for those of you with a J Crew Card.   I did the SCT last week for J Crew and got the card in the mail today ($250 CL).  My question is about the Luv button, is it always a soft pull and is the 7-10 day response always a negative? Keep trying until I get a response?  Thanks!

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: J Crew

@JimBo99 wrote:

Question for those of you with a J Crew Card.   I did the SCT last week for J Crew and got the card in the mail today ($250 CL).  My question is about the Luv button, is it always a soft pull and is the 7-10 day response always a negative? Keep trying until I get a response?  Thanks!

Hi JimBo.

When I got JCrew, I started off at $350.  For the first 6-9 months, the luv button would give me 1 increase a month.  Then I want to say month 7, I was able to get 13 increases in a row.  After that, it has become an every other month thing, and it's been 10, 11, or more increases.  So far it has been a SP, but I think there have been some instances  of a HP.  Some people use the luv button; some call in the number at the back of the card.  If you call in and asks the robotlady for an increase, when it ask you if you want a specific amount, say "no".  You can repeat that as long as it gives you increases.  If it gives you one then the 7-10 day message, then you'll have to wait 31 days to try again.  Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Going by the example given above by kaykay, I'd say try it every month. With it being a SP, that makes sense to do.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

My card did not grow until it was a year old.  I was auto CLI from 250-500 and that was it.  Then after a year it went from 500-4500 via the luv button.  Before then I always got the 7-10 day message.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

My card did not grow until it was a year old.  I was auto CLI from 250-500 and that was it.  Then after a year it went from 500-4500 via the luv button.  Before then I always got the 7-10 day message.

Glad it finally grew for you.  I learned from the approvals forum to track my CLIs every 31 days.  I keep a calendar with the dates to try for increases.  I got Pottery Barn a couple of months ago, and would like to see the limit grow, so no more Jcrew increases for me. Plus I hear that Williams-Sonoma will be backed by Comenity bank and I love their stuff, so I hope the SCT will work cause I don't want to unfreeze my reports.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.