Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBD change DOFD and...

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

JBD change DOFD and...

As i look carefully my EQ report,i notice that a daggone JBD change the DOFD and the Date Maj.Del.1st Rptd.Isn't that illegal? What can i do about it? Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: JBD change DOFD and...

The Date of First Major Delinquency doesn't mean anything.

The DOFD is a biggie. First thing to do is prove to yourself via statements if possible that they are wrong. I had a couple of baddies update the DOFD on me before but they had been reporting the DOFD incorrectly, and in my favor. If they are wrong, and not in your favor, then you can always dispute that with the CRA that they changed it. My be a FCRA issue there if you wanted to get legal about it.

Message 2 of 7
golo
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your response Llecs, so if i dispute that with the CRA,will they delete it? I already disputed with the CRA online and they all verified. ugh!

I want them to delete it as they are in violation! ugh! sighs....

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It might be harder if already disputed. I'd redispute via mail and prove to the CRA that the DOFD was changed. Doing it online will result in it being verified, as you experienced. When you do it online, the CRA asks the CA if it's legit and the answer is almost always yes. If you send it via mail with the proof you stand a better chance.

Message 4 of 7
golo
Frequent Contributor

Thank your for your response llecs,but the CRAs will contact again the CA and the CA will just then updated the right info,i want that tradeline removed for ilegal re aging of the account.If the CRA remove it,can the CA reinstate it? Thanks in advance and i'm sorry for so many questions,it's just that i'm furious with this scumbags jbds.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the CRA removes it, the CA can re-report at a later date. However, by law, the CRA must send you a written notice of their intent to have it re-reported within 5 days. It's pretty rare on here to see a re-reported baddie with the same OC/CA. Now the JDB can always sell it to someone else and they can report at any time. That's happened to me a few times.

ETA...as far as the DOFD goes, any action would have to involve court assuming the JDB decides not to give up so easily.

Message 6 of 7
golo
Frequent Contributor

Thank you llecs.Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.