Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDB more likely to pfd at end of year?

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

JDB more likely to pfd at end of year?

we just bought a new car this weekend. Paid cash so no financing. But, it got me wonderitheir the  JDB was similar to car dealerships. We made an excellent deal at the dealership because it was the end of the year!

we want to pfd 4-5 accounts and I'm wondering if we would have more success here at the end of year.  What do you think? Anybody have experience with that?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: JDB more likely to pfd at end of year?

I used to send several PFDs monthly over the course of a couple of years. IME, it didn't make a difference. Just be persistent. It's a numbers game.

Message 2 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I used to send several PFDs monthly over the course of a couple of years. IME, it didn't make a difference. Just be persistent. It's a numbers game.

+1

Try different approaches and contacts as well

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

A year ago I started with 7 collection accounts.  All of them except one accepted a PFD.  No matter how I approached it same answer no.  I got all but one removed simply by paying the account in full then sending GW letter asking kindly to remove the tradeline.  I think GW letter work more in favor then PFD letters.  Just my 2 cents

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 4 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

A year ago I started with 7 collection accounts.  All of them except one accepted a PFD.  No matter how I approached it same answer no.  I got all but one removed simply by paying the account in full then sending GW letter asking kindly to remove the tradeline.  I think GW letter work more in favor then PFD letters.  Just my 2 cents

Also agreed. I had 3 successful PFD and 13 successful GW after the fact

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 6
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:

we just bought a new car this weekend. Paid cash so no financing. But, it got me wonderitheir the  JDB was similar to car dealerships. We made an excellent deal at the dealership because it was the end of the year!

we want to pfd 4-5 accounts and I'm wondering if we would have more success here at the end of year.  What do you think? Anybody have experience with that?

I doubt it.  

I don't think it would make any difference to the time of the year, especially if that JDB is allowed to keep adding interest.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.