cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jacobs Marsh collection agency-- anyone dealt with them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jacobs Marsh collection agency-- anyone dealt with them?

So these people have been calling me for a few weeks and I have not answered  the phone.  I have zero idea what debt they could be calling about. They do not have an entry on my credit report and I have not gotten a letter from them even though every message they leave me says they have sent a letter.  Well, today they left a message and they slipped up and told me what county the "case number" is in and it is a county that I have never lived in.   I checked both that county and my county and there has been nothing recently filed in my name. I hate to sound naive but they actually sound nice in the voicemails, not like the typical awful bottomfeeders that typically call. I'm sure they are actually wolves in sheeps clothing.  Has anyone dealt with them?

I actually am interested in finding out what debt they are talking about (if it's even me they want) because I'm really trying for the first time ever to deal with all of this and to get everything paid off.  I am truly puzzled because  I know the status of everything on my credit so I have no clue why they'd be calling me. For the first time, I would actually welcome a letter from a debt collector.

After years of ignoring all debt collectors, I am actually thinking of calling them back. I have zero experience in dealing with these people.  What is my best course of action when I call them? What do I say and what do I not say?  I know I should ask for them to mail me a debt validation,  I should NOT admit to anything, and I should NOT give out my SSN, or my address but what else should I do or not do?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.