Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jared/Kay Blacklist

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Jared/Kay Blacklist

I was just curious if anyone has ever had any luck reinstating their relationship with Kay's or Jared after being blacklisted. I had an account there when I was 18 and it went to charge off for $345. I never paid the debt, I was a brat and didn't realize I was screwing myself over for the future relationship. I recently put in app there and was declined based on my previous payment behavior with them.
I was just wondering if anyone out there in my fico land has ever reestablished their credit line with them. I was thinking of writing a letter offering to pay off the 15 year old debt in the hopes of starting new with them.

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Jared/Kay Blacklist

@cowgirl79 wrote:
I was just curious if anyone has ever had any luck reinstating their relationship with Kay's or Jared after being blacklisted. I had an account there when I was 18 and it went to charge off for $345. I never paid the debt, I was a brat and didn't realize I was screwing myself over for the future relationship. I recently put in app there and was declined based on my previous payment behavior with them.
I was just wondering if anyone out there in my fico land has ever reestablished their credit line with them. I was thinking of writing a letter offering to pay off the 15 year old debt in the hopes of starting new with them.

If you do this, be very careful they don't report a fresh R9P for the next seven years. If you pay it, you don't want it to be added back to your credit report(s).

Even if you pay it, they could still cite your payment history 15 years ago, and still not open an account, despite being paid the $345.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.