beefcake

Jcpenney denial

I have rebuilt my score from 518 to 667 over the past two years, I applied for a Jcpenney card and got denied. Does anyone know what their minimum is? I have only 2 accounts on my report that are bad- and they are both one 30 day late. No repossessions, bankruptcies, etc.

What gives?

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Senior Contributor
Booner72

Re: Jcpenney denial

That's so weird.  JCP was my first card after bk and I'm certain my scores were in the 500's back then when they gave me the card.

I think sometimes it helps to apply at the register vs. online.  Maybe??

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
LIGHTNIN

Re: Jcpenney denial

Welcome to the forums,

CC are not approved by credit scores alone.Your score maybe ok with JCPenneys,they may had an issue with employment,income.etc.

IME,  I received a letter stating the reason why I was denied.

Some letters will give you a reason, while others tell you to pull your CR's.

Contact JC penneys and ask if they will reconsider, and if they says no, ask why.

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+