Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital / Dynamic Recovery / Verizon

tag
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Jefferson Capital / Dynamic Recovery / Verizon

I just received a collection notice from Dynamic Recovery that they are collection on behalf of Jefferson Capital for an old Verizon account ( 2,900 ).  I'm assuming they bought the debt.  

Neither Dynamic nor Jefferson is on my CR....yet.  Interestingly the Verizon charge off accounts fell off from Experian and TU last month I guess after it was sold.  Still on Equifax. 

Who would i approach so it is not reported ?  Dynamic or Jefferson ?  I'm willing to do the payment plan offered in full just don't want the trade lines showing. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jefferson Capital / Dynamic Recovery / Verizon

@800goal800 wrote:

I just received a collection notice from Dynamic Recovery that they are collection on behalf of Jefferson Capital for an old Verizon account ( 2,900 ).  I'm assuming they bought the debt.  

Neither Dynamic nor Jefferson is on my CR....yet.  Interestingly the Verizon charge off accounts fell off from Experian and TU last month I guess after it was sold.  Still on Equifax. 

Who would i approach so it is not reported ?  Dynamic or Jefferson ?  I'm willing to do the payment plan offered in full just don't want the trade lines showing. 

The debt can only be reported to the CRAs for a max of 7.5 yrs from the DoFD and the CRAs usually schedule exclusion of the item at the 7 year mark so if its this old its not coming back. I would call Jefferson and have them recall their collectors in exhange for payment.

Message 2 of 7
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

It's only 3 years old.   Nothing has been reported yet by either.   

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@800goal800 wrote:

It's only 3 years old.   Nothing has been reported yet by either.   

Ok, then do as I suggested, if they wont do it then pay the collector in lieu of them reporting the collection.

Message 4 of 7
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

But if I pay the CA they may agree not to report but Jefferson still could independently.....

Just spoke with Dynamic and Jeffeson.   Dynamic could not have been more rude so I hung up.   Called Jefferson....long story short they said not all accounts get reported but she did not know why or which ones.   She did sat they have 45 days to report.     I thought they could report anytime ?    Is there an obligation to report by 45 days ?    They got / bought the account on June 5th and report on the 3rd Friday.     Today is the 3rd Friday buy over 45 days.   Thoguhts ?

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@800goal800 wrote:

But if I pay the CA they may agree not to report but Jefferson still could independently.....

Just spoke with Dynamic and Jeffeson.   Dynamic could not have been more rude so I hung up.   Called Jefferson....long story short they said not all accounts get reported but she did not know why or which ones.   She did sat they have 45 days to report.     I thought they could report anytime ?    Is there an obligation to report by 45 days ?    They got / bought the account on June 5th and report on the 3rd Friday.     Today is the 3rd Friday buy over 45 days.   Thoguhts ?

Yes one could still report. I would have Jefferson recall the collectors in exhange for full payment and you can ask them not to report. There is no requirement to ever report the only thing is if they do the info must by accurate.

Message 6 of 7
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.   I asked about recalling and they said they are not allowed to do that which I'm sure is not the case.   They dont do PFD

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.