Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital System Dispute Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson Capital System Dispute Success

I complained to the BBB about them and got them to agree to remove my verizon account from my credit reports! I am excited and now have only one thing left to fix in the line of collection agencies. I have not seen the update yet but I hope that it creates a nice credit boost.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jefferson Capital System Dispute Success

May I ask what your complaint was about?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

woudl you be able to help me with a sample of your complaint?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I also had to file a BBB complaint about them regarding an old Verizon act last year and I won the case also and had it removed and all collections ceased and dismissed
Message 5 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance you can email me tips on getting my VZW acct removed its killing my score. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a problem with Jefferson Captial also, I had a Verizon acct that I settled  back in 2012 and know I have a collection on my Credit report from Jefferson saying I owe them $2,200. Spoke to them and they told me I had to pay it to have it removed, Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it done.Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Kree
Established Contributor

wrote:

I have a problem with Jefferson Captial also, I had a Verizon acct that I settled  back in 2012 and know I have a collection on my Credit report from Jefferson saying I owe them $2,200. Spoke to them and they told me I had to pay it to have it removed, Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it done.Thanks

If this "debt" is indeed not yours because you have already paid. Send them a letter "This debt is not mine, stop trying to collect. Remove all reporting to the CRAs within X days or I will take legal action."  Then if the don't delete, you can sue them in small claims court because.... reasons.   I would recommend speaking with an attorney instead of listening to me, but it can be, and has been, done.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kree I'm going to look into that

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.