cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Systems - BEING DELETED!!!!!

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Jefferson Capital Systems - BEING DELETED!!!!!

1st I want to thank everyone who has and is helping me clear up my husband's credit report and mine.  This was the 1st step we took for my husband's and it worked!!!

On July 1st My husband made a complaint with the BBB that Jefferson Capital Systems was on his credit reports without prior knowledge and that they are NOT registered in the state of Louisiana. 

I do not understand this part: The account was subsequently placed with two different agencies between September 2014 and July 2, 2015 for collection efforts. and yet they say the account won't be sold!  This is the only collection agency that was on the report for Zales!  Oh and they also reported as a Factoring Company!

Husband's Complaint:
They added collection to my credit reports without my knowledge! I checked & can't verify their registration in Louisiana! BOTH are FDCPA violations!

Jefferson Capital put collection on my credit reports without my knowledge and in doing so, this violated the FDCPA Collection Practice by placing a collection account on my credit report without sending a letter to me. Plus there is NO verification from the LA Secretary of State that they are registered in Louisiana which is also against the FDCPA!

I request that Jefferson Capitol verify the following information.
1. Full original Account Number
2. Date original Account was opened
3. Any written agreements between myself and the original creditor stating this debt is owed
4. Full account summary and itemized calculation of alleged debt
5. Date of the first delinquency
6. Dates and times of any phone calls made and to what number in attempt to contact me concerning the alleged debt before it was reported to an agency, and so proving that these calls were made in the times governed by FDCPA law.

If Jefferson Capital Systems is unable to provide the above identifying account information, this account must be deleted from all CRAs.

Jefferson Capital Systems also failed to follow FDCPA by not sending a letter giving the consumer time to dispute or validate the alleged debt within the allowed 30-day time frame that is allowed by law.

Here's their reply:

On July 07, 2015, the business provided the following information:

Re:
Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, Account #3088737861
Debt Description: Citi-Zales
Case #

Dear Mr. Luecke:

We are in receipt of your correspondence sent on behalf of Mr. Roberts concerning the account referenced above. Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, is registered to collect in the state of Louisiana.

According to the information provided, the account was opened in May 2009 and charged off in October 2010. Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, purchased the account in August 2014 with a balance of $822.91. The account was subsequently placed with two different agencies between September 2014 and July 2, 2015 for collection efforts. According to our records, Mr. Roberts was sent the Right to Dispute letter on March 9, 2015 and no written dispute was received from him. Although we disagree with the merits of his dispute, we have closed our file and terminated collection action. We are also notifying the credit bureaus to delete our trade line from Mr. Roberts credit file and this confirms the account will not be sold.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,

Shirley Smith
Consumer Relations Staff
On behalf of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, A Debt Collector
866-516-3772

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Studio90x
Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems - BEING DELETED!!!!!

Congrats on the deletion!

EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 2 of 12
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy Thanks

Starting all over again!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

1st I want to thank everyone who has and is helping me clear up my husband's credit report and mine.  This was the 1st step we took for my husband's and it worked!!!

On July 1st My husband made a complaint with the BBB that Jefferson Capital Systems was on his credit reports without prior knowledge and that they are NOT registered in the state of Louisiana. 

I do not understand this part: The account was subsequently placed with two different agencies between September 2014 and July 2, 2015 for collection efforts. and yet they say the account won't be sold!  This is the only collection agency that was on the report for Zales!  Oh and they also reported as a Factoring Company!

Husband's Complaint:
They added collection to my credit reports without my knowledge! I checked & can't verify their registration in Louisiana! BOTH are FDCPA violations!

Jefferson Capital put collection on my credit reports without my knowledge and in doing so, this violated the FDCPA Collection Practice by placing a collection account on my credit report without sending a letter to me. Plus there is NO verification from the LA Secretary of State that they are registered in Louisiana which is also against the FDCPA!

I request that Jefferson Capitol verify the following information.
1. Full original Account Number
2. Date original Account was opened
3. Any written agreements between myself and the original creditor stating this debt is owed
4. Full account summary and itemized calculation of alleged debt
5. Date of the first delinquency
6. Dates and times of any phone calls made and to what number in attempt to contact me concerning the alleged debt before it was reported to an agency, and so proving that these calls were made in the times governed by FDCPA law.

If Jefferson Capital Systems is unable to provide the above identifying account information, this account must be deleted from all CRAs.

Jefferson Capital Systems also failed to follow FDCPA by not sending a letter giving the consumer time to dispute or validate the alleged debt within the allowed 30-day time frame that is allowed by law.

Here's their reply:

On July 07, 2015, the business provided the following information:

Re:
Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, Account #3088737861
Debt Description: Citi-Zales
Case #

Dear Mr. Luecke:

We are in receipt of your correspondence sent on behalf of Mr. Roberts concerning the account referenced above. Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, is registered to collect in the state of Louisiana.

According to the information provided, the account was opened in May 2009 and charged off in October 2010. Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, purchased the account in August 2014 with a balance of $822.91. The account was subsequently placed with two different agencies between September 2014 and July 2, 2015 for collection efforts. According to our records, Mr. Roberts was sent the Right to Dispute letter on March 9, 2015 and no written dispute was received from him. Although we disagree with the merits of his dispute, we have closed our file and terminated collection action. We are also notifying the credit bureaus to delete our trade line from Mr. Roberts credit file and this confirms the account will not be sold.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,

Shirley Smith
Consumer Relations Staff
On behalf of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, A Debt Collector
866-516-3772

congrats on deletion! i am trying to have one deleted as well, and was trying to see if they were legally allowed to collect in my state. where did you go to find that they weren't in louisana? 

thanks! 

Message 4 of 12
twanswife916
Contributor

Congrats. I just discovered Jefferson Capital Systems added a collection account for Verizon on my credit report and I have not received any correspondencr from them. Actually I sent verison a fraud Affidavit regarding the account and they has they sold it to a collection agency anyway. I will be going the route you went and filing a complaint with BBB as well as sending another Fraud Affidavit but this time to JCS.

BK7 Discharge 7/2014
BK13 Filed 06/2019 Gardening til 2023 Fico 8 Aug'22 EQ: 568 EX: 608 TU: 567 Goal: 680 AAOA: 42mo INQ: 9
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Thanks kennerchick! Can you please share the letter that you sent to them. I am also battling the same issue.

Message 6 of 12
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Hi I received the same response, how long until it was actually deleted from yoir credit file? Mine is off experian, but still the same of equifax and TU.

thanks!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey! I was wondering how long did it take for you to hear back from Jefferson capitol. I just submitted my request through BBB

Message 8 of 12
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Within a week...still questioning if it was successful or not though ...

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh wow! that was quick! I was able to dispute one and get it off but wanted to make sure its gone forever!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.