Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Systems response to BBB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson Capital Systems response to BBB

Okay in another post I listed that JCS was deleted from all my reports.  Had a little trouble with EX but that is over...thank goodness.

Now on to their response to the BBB.

We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence on behalf of Ms harpo concerning the above refferenced account.

JCS purchased the Visa Meta Bank account in October 2008 (note: this is when Meta was deleted for not verifing to CRA) with a remaining balance of $446.08.  The address we were provided is different from the address reflected on your complaint for Ms harpo which would confirm why she did not receive any communication regarding the debt.  Based on your correspondence and Ms Hart stated dispute, (note:  dispute reporting in accounts section of my report, reporting as an open account, reporting 120 days late), we have closed our file and terminated all collection action.  We have also notified the credit bureaus to delete the JCS trade line from Ms harpo's credit bureau file.  Ms Harpo should allow the credit bureaus up to 90 days to update their files.  In the meantime, she can present this letter as proof of actions being taken.

We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to your office and address Ms harpo's concerns.

NOW MY QUESTION:  I do accept this...BUT should I write a note when I accept this as to that they can not sell this account to no other CA. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE Jefferson Capital Systems response to BBB

I know that you all told me that I could not request that JCS not sell this account but I did it anyway.  Received the response today - part of the letter reads:

This communication confirms the above referenced account has been placed in a cease and desist status and will not be sold. 

I just had to ask this.  As META could not validate and JCS did not validate.  I just did not want to fight another company about this non validated account.  I am so happy that I asked and received what I wanted.

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems response to BBB

You can not tell them they can not sell the account.  There is nothing illegal in them selling the account.

They (any CA) can continue to attempt to collect forever. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only time they can not sell the account is if they did not properly validate after you requested validation.

Even if they don't validate, they can send back to the OC(unless the bought it) and the OC can send out to another CA.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a DV and they received it on the 22nd of December. They had my new address. Wouldn't they have validated if they could. The company the received the account from cound not validate.

The letter states "we appreciate being advised we are contacting the wrong party regarding the debt"

The letter also states that they purchased the account. 

Message Edited by Harpo on 01-21-2009 11:04 AM
Message Edited by Harpo on 01-21-2009 11:10 AM
Message 4 of 10
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only time they can not sell the account is if they did not properly validate after you requested validation.

Even if they don't validate, they can send back to the OC(unless the bought it) and the OC can send out to another CA.

Interesting.  I had a collection from CACH LLC.  I sent multiple DV's, and they never responded.  Finally it disappeared from my Credit Report, only to re-appear 3 months later under Portfolio Recovery.

This was sold to CACH (the OC no longer has it).  If this was sold illegally to Portfolio Recovery, is there any way to get them off of the account?  Or can I only sue CACH, but can't do anything about Portfolio?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE Jefferson Capital Systems response to BBB

I know that you all told me that I could not request that JCS not sell this account but I did it anyway.  Received the response today - part of the letter reads:

This communication confirms the above referenced account has been placed in a cease and desist status and will not be sold. 

I just had to ask this.  As META could not validate and JCS did not validate.  I just did not want to fight another company about this non validated account.  I am so happy that I asked and received what I wanted.

Message 6 of 10
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

How long did this process of BBB take?

Chanduwar

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put the complaint into the BBB on 1/12

Received a response from JCS on 1/16

Received their final response today.

Message 8 of 10
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Hi I'm looking to do the same thing with the same company JCS...did you dispute this first? Was the debt paid or unpaid when they agreed to delete? Do you happen to have a copy of the letter you sent to the BBB and who and where to send it?

I really need help getting this off:/

Message 9 of 10
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Bees18 wrote:

Hi I'm looking to do the same thing with the same company JCS...did you dispute this first? Was the debt paid or unpaid when they agreed to delete? Do you happen to have a copy of the letter you sent to the BBB and who and where to send it?

I really need help getting this off:/

Hi Bees

This post is from 2009 and in checking the profile of the OP they haven't logged onto MyFico since 09.

I just wanted you to be aware, in case they don't reply.

Good Luck

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.