Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Systems

tag
los_west
Regular Contributor

Jefferson Capital Systems

Have anyone had any successes with GW letters to Jefferson Capital Systems?

I have a paid collection listed on my credit reports by Jefferson Capital Systems, it's been paid and settled since 2009.   I would really like this line to go away, as its still listed as a derogatory line on my reports.

Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems

@los_west wrote:

Have anyone had any successes with GW letters to Jefferson Capital Systems?

I have a paid collection listed on my credit reports by Jefferson Capital Systems, it's been paid and settled since 2009.   I would really like this line to go away, as its still listed as a derogatory line on my reports.

Yes, I have just recently gotten them off all three of my reports. I had to dispute them on the BBB website and wait for my claim to be reviewed. After a rep contacted JCS about my claim, they agreed that if I paid them the settlement amount that they would remove the tradeline on all three bureaus. It was a Tribute account that I disputed, there was also a lawsuit filed against JCS about their fraudulent fees and such and the result was that they had to remove the tradelines from certain customers that fell within that year range of acquiring their account.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 2 of 14
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I did the same thing as the above post for a imagine card and their gone from my reports alsi

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
los_west
Regular Contributor

Well, since my account was paid in full, I probably can't dispute it with the BBB, right?  So my only hope is their GW?

Message 4 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 14
los_west
Regular Contributor

I am reading the court ruling, and it seems like it may.   I had an Aspire Visa opened in 2007.  Can someone help me verify if I qualify or not?

Message 6 of 14
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@los_west wrote:

I am reading the court ruling, and it seems like it may.   I had an Aspire Visa opened in 2007.  Can someone help me verify if I qualify or not?

Just dispute it on BBB anyway! What do you have to lose at this point? Dispute it as an account that should no longer be reporting on your CRs as it is paid off and it falls under the FTC ruling to be deleted. Your complaint should also state that you have contacted JCS to remove according to the ruling that your acct falls under and they are not budging. Be firm and clear.... if its paid off then there's nothing more for JCS to do at this point but to delete it for you, especially if its an Aspire card. I have read disgusting things about that particular card regarding ridiculous fees and such and that was DEFINITELY one of the cards listed in the lawsuit.

Again I ask.....what do you have to lose?? I followed the same advice from someone else's post as a last resort and It worked out in my favor. From what I know, JCS doesn't really like to be called upon by the BBB especially when it pertains to that particular lawsuit. Try it and good luck!

Message 7 of 14
los_west
Regular Contributor

Good point!  I will do it right now!

I knew I loved this forum for a reason!

Message 8 of 14
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@los_west wrote:

Good point!  I will do it right now!

I knew I loved this forum for a reason!

Great! Good luck and keep us all posted on your results!

Message 9 of 14
los_west
Regular Contributor

Got my response today....and YAY!!!!  They are going to delete the tradelines!!!!

JCS claims that my Aspire account was not included in the court case, but I guess being a paid collection and all, they were willing to delete just to close off  the dispute.  

With this being the last "collection" baddie, I am hoping my scores will take a mini-leap in the next few weeks!  Smiley Happy

Now if I could just get my Charged-off accounts (all paid/settled) off of my report!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.