cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital - VZW - is there still time?

tag
mripguru
New Contributor

Jefferson Capital - VZW - is there still time?

Hello,

I was trying to pay an old debt from a few years ago to VZW - appaently it was sold to Jefferson Capital at the end of March. However, when I called them - they said that they don't have a record - so I can't pay it. Should I go back to VZW and try and pay them - or keep trying to find this account with Jefferson?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jefferson Capital - VZW - is there still time?

@mripguru wrote:

Hello,

I was trying to pay an old debt from a few years ago to VZW - appaently it was sold to Jefferson Capital at the end of March. However, when I called them - they said that they don't have a record - so I can't pay it. Should I go back to VZW and try and pay them - or keep trying to find this account with Jefferson?

If VZW sold it then their TL will be reporting a 0 balance and you cannot pay them if its been sold. I would get a supervisor to actually confirm its been sold if its not reporting 0. Its possible the CA hasnt even processed the purchase yet.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital - VZW - is there still time?

You can, based on your conversation with the creditor, send a request for debt validation to the identified debt collector, providing as much info as possible to identify the aserted debt.

That will impose a cease collection bar on them until such time as they have responded to the DV request.

If they respond, you will then have written confirmation of their verification or lack thereof.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.