Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson capital LLC

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Jefferson capital LLC

ivy, thanks for your post, but that is not the case. i really am talking about SOL.
Message 11 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

llecs,

ok, it might be something that pertains specifically to texas. that might be the case, because everyone is always saying how debtor-friendly texas is. thank you for trying to clarify for me. Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

laz98 wrote:
llecs,

ok, it might be something that pertains specifically to texas. that might be the case, because everyone is always saying how debtor-friendly texas is. thank you for trying to clarify for me. Smiley Happy

I'll check this out a little later. Gotta work now. But I'm curious.

Message Edited by llecs on 09-23-2008 05:32 PM
Message 13 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

ok, get back to me when you can...

i'm more confused now, though. it would seem that it says they have 6 years to sue me, instead of just 4. is that correct? i will keep re-reading it for clarification.

also, i noticed this is a business/commercial statute. does it pertain to personal debt? this is a different statute than what i have seen others post. usually i have seen people post a link to the texas finance code. do you know why this would be?

thanks again for taking the time to help me understand this. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 19
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

AJ25 wrote:
Ok I have a credit card from Salute visa that is now with Jefferson Capital. I keep getting these offer from Jefferson Capital about rebuilding my credit with their Emblem card (fresh start program). What they do is give you an unsecured card with a 300.00 CL. My balance with them is 626 or so. the offer reads as follows:
Program balance 624.49 (what I owe)
Total payments to qualify 225.00 ( I would have to pay this first before they issue the card) They give you 12 months to pay it
Remaining Balance: 212.00 (placed on the Emblem card) Part of outstanding balance is written off

Now it goes on to say there is a 0%apr, but they enclosed the terms and conditions that say 18.99% (yikes)
Has anyone seen this from this company before? Anyone try to rebuild credit this way? Is it legit or even a good idea?
thanks in advance.

I have a imagine cc that is now with them, and I was offered the same program.  I took the offer, and, so far I have not had any problems with it.  IMO, I think that it will work out in the long run for me.  The only thing that I dont like is that the max cl will be $600
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

so with the offer you accepted from Jefferson Capital does the imagine card tl still show as unpaid or have any negative remarks on your report. Also how is Jefferson Capital reporting since you started paying them.
Thanks for the insight on your experience with them.
Message 16 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

laz98 wrote:

i'm more confused now, though. it would seem that it says they have 6 years to sue me, instead of just 4. is that correct? i will keep re-reading it for clarification.

also, i noticed this is a business/commercial statute. does it pertain to personal debt? this is a different statute than what i have seen others post. usually i have seen people post a link to the texas finance code. do you know why this would be?

I think I gave you the wrong link. You may be right, it could be for businesses. The general term for SOLs within states' statutes is UCC or Uniform Commercial Code. Usually you can find state-specific SOLs within those statutes. But I believe it isn't in there but is at Section 16.004

The question remains: does paying a debt before the 4 yrs is up in TX reset SOL? My brain is fried. I'll leave the answer to someone else.

I did find two court cases that supported your case but were old in relation to the revised statute. Thanks for pointing all this out.

Message 17 of 19
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

AJ25 wrote:
so with the offer you accepted from Jefferson Capital does the imagine card tl still show as unpaid or have any negative remarks on your report. Also how is Jefferson Capital reporting since you started paying them.
Thanks for the insight on your experience with them.

Imagine has dropped off all 3 cr's altogether.  As far as Jefferson reporting, thats the other that I forgot to mention(that I don't like) They are slow to report. Its now September and they havent reported past July yet.  They do report as a collection that is past due.  I'm not sure if they can do that since I've been holding up my end of the ageement.  When I'm done paying them, I am going to GW them and see if they'll remove their entry from my CR if I agree to pay the amount that they're going to write off.  I hope it will work.
Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:

laz98 wrote:

I think I gave you the wrong link. You may be right, it could be for businesses. The general term for SOLs within states' statutes is UCC or Uniform Commercial Code. Usually you can find state-specific SOLs within those statutes. But I believe it isn't in there but is at Section 16.004
The question remains: does paying a debt before the 4 yrs is up in TX reset SOL? My brain is fried. I'll leave the answer to someone else.
I did find two court cases that supported your case but were old in relation to the revised statute. Thanks for pointing all this out.

Texas recently updated their links.

Try this link for the statutes. Click on "Civil Practice and Remedies Code", SOL information is Chapter 16.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.