Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson capital account

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jefferson capital account

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have a collection that is reporting to my account. It was from Verizon and then got sold to Jefferson. They're all reporting it as paid as I paid it last year, but the date assigned and account numbers are all different on my credit reports. Is this means of disputing (if the dates and account numbers are different)?

If so, how should I proceed?

If its not updating on a monthly basis leave it alone any update is going to drop your Fico score. It really doesnt matter that account numbers/date assigned are different the date that matters is the DoFD that was set when Verizon COed the account. I would be sending GW letters to the reporting creditors asking that the paid TLs be removed in their entirety.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jefferson capital account

I had a collection with Jefferson Capital from Verizon as well.  I was able to get services with Verizon again as though I was an excellent credit risk, no deposit needed.  Mine was for 1477 with Verizon.  I tried the pfd route which I was told they do not do.  I settled with them for $650.  A month later it disappear from 2 of the 3 credit bureau.  Working on getting the third removed. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.