Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Liability Question--

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Joint Liability Question--

2011--I had an apartment with an ex............I left, he stayed and broke the lease soon after.  2011

2012--Apartment complex won judgment for $2395 and sold the account to FCO who had a bill for $4350.  Both on my CR.

2013--I paid FCO $3105 (settlement) and the judgment was satisfied, then vacated, about to be deleted from CR.

I attempted PFD, they refused, so I settled and have been sending GW letters ever since. As I typed the letter this evening, I was hoping I could get some insight from a forum member or two....I am including the court case info/outcome in the hopes that they will delete. But is there anything else I could do about the fact that it was a joint liability and I am the only party that paid anything??  I found the statement below on google: 

Agencies should ensure that a compromise agreement with one debtor does not release the agency's claim against the remaining debtors. The amount of a compromise with one debtor shall not be considered a precedent or binding in determining the amount that will be required from other debtors jointly and severally liable on the claim.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Joint Liability Question--

I would just mention the fact that though you both were jointly liable, you settled the debt with them leaving the other party with no debt liabilty.  Something along those lines.

I am wondering if they are trying to get the settlement difference from the EX.

Message 2 of 4
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Would that mean they couldn't remove TL from my report?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.