cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Macy's Delinquent... Surprised this is issue!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Joint Macy's Delinquent... Surprised this is issue!

Okay, Im fustrated so debated rather I wanted to post.... But I just have never heard of this, never seen it, and I'm both blah, irritated, sad, etc. over it...

I have a joint Macy's Store and Amex... They are both delinquent and they call me once a day usually 1 time for store and 1 time for Amex IF I answer and take phone call.

So... The part I'm confused, whatever feelings....

I have spoke with them quite a bit and have now asked 2 different people about a hardship program for both accounts and paying.

I have been told to a very long angry drawn out process that if they can not speak to the joint card holder they are not allowed to put accounts into any payment programs or to settle an account.  I can't get joint to do anything, they have not reached joint and they refuse to work with me if it's not to just pay in full or to pay the delinquent payments over 3 month period and remove fees... the plus they sell to me is the amex is closed but the store card is still open! (I dont want either!)

I literally just got off the phone with a lady and I said "I have never heard of a bank that is basically "refusing" (banks like to use it and I like to use it back!) "refusing to work with a joint cardmember to pay an account vs. charging it off"

She quickly and angerly said: "You can say whatever you want that makes you feel better but you didn't have any trouble charging on the account and now you don't want to make payments"

Me - "Hi, I'm the one that is on the phone with you asking for payment plans so I can pay the account, have you ever reached the joint holder? have they offered you money? then why are you mad at me saying im not paying for what i charged?

the call lasted just another few seconds after that as she said "This conversation is over and you keep going around and around, bye"

I stated earlier in call - as a joint cardholder I had ability to get CLI on both accounts, to close 1 or both accounts, or open furniture accounts, jewelry accounts, and any other type accounts Macy's might offer without speaking with other cardholder because i hold as much power as the other person as a joint account but when it comes to payment in a "plan" or settlement you have to have both agree?

I have NEVER had this happen or even heard of such a thing and further more I have had to do arrangments in past on a joint account and it was not an issue to them as long as my checking account loaded into the computer to take the money!!

Anyone else heard or had this happen?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Joint Macy's Delinquent... Surprised this is issue!

That actually makes sense to me.  A payment plan requires a new contract so to speak, that would be binding on all that are on the card.  You can't agree for the joint holder to go into a payment plan.  If I were you, I would just send what I could.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

That actually makes sense to me.  A payment plan requires a new contract so to speak, that would be binding on all that are on the card.  You can't agree for the joint holder to go into a payment plan.  If I were you, I would just send what I could.

If it was something like Student Loans I might agree, but sending payments that don't even cover minimum payments with an unsecured "loan" as this is I don't "think" that would stop it from increasing balance and very shortly charging off and sold to a collection agency who then may put on or start putting on it's own fees to be paid on...

Message 3 of 8
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

I am sorry u have to go through this but, why can't u contact the other person on the account to take care of the problem. One thing about joint is that u r not the only party involved. best of luck to you while dealing with this matter.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

I am sorry u have to go through this but, why can't u contact the other person on the account to take care of the problem. One thing about joint is that u r not the only party involved. best of luck to you while dealing with this matter.

seems simple... but it is not an option i am sorry to say... 

Now see I have moved on to bringing better energy to other projects and I'm not even frustrated with this anymore... how long has it been? I need to not write and post things for that amount of time! LOL

I will actively still pursue this but I just have to put in prospective where it fits into my life to move me forward.

Thank you for responses Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@wallyworld123 wrote:

seems simple... but it is not an option i am sorry to say... 

Now see I have moved on to bringing better energy to other projects and I'm not even frustrated with this anymore... how long has it been? I need to not write and post things for that amount of time! LOL

I will actively still pursue this but I just have to put in prospective where it fits into my life to move me forward.

Thank you for responses Smiley Happy

Yes venting makes me feel better too lol. Best of luck to you while taking care of this and yes definitely continue to pursue it.

Message 6 of 8
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

The other account holder won't talk to you either, or just wants to dig their head in the sand in regards to talking to Macy's?

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Joint Macy's Delinquent... Surprised this is issue! - INSANE!!

So take call this morning and rep barely speaks english and she is reading notes while I guess trying to ask a qustion (More like she is reading.... "Account holder asking for plan, going into comp... oh, plan, financial company? fcard .....

yeah makes sense right!

anyway, she says I can transfer you and try to see if they will work with just you... i said okay but im limiting how long i will talk to you all today based on all the other times... get rep for the plans... she goes through the questions, so far she has not asked a single thing about anything other then me and a payment plan... how much i would like to pay.... puts me on hold to see if she can work that out with the system and comes back after about 2 minutes and says:

"Since today is your due date I can not set up a plan with a payment on the 1st, please call back next week after the due date."

LITERALLY WORD FOR WORD!

I said I have never seen a bank work so hard to call me and talk to me then to turn me down over and over again for one reason or another to make payment arrangements!~

that was it... "Thanks for calling in today!"

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.