cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journey to Credit Success...up up and away!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Journey to Credit Success...up up and away!!!

First of all I would like to thank any of the contributors on these boards and those who put forth effort in their responses.

I just wanted to share my journey in hopes that it would inspire anyone who might be down on their luck or having a hard time with credit as a way to show them there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Today I was just approved for a refinance loan of 1.99 with penfed and a 10k credit card with them. 1 year ago I would not even have thought this was remotely possible because when I walked into the dealership they wanted to finance me at 12 percent. My scores were in the 570 range just one year ago with collections and a total of 12 charged off accounts.

I have since managed to pay off my delinquent debt, paid off the charge offs some in full others partially, which tremendoulsy helped my score because they were reporting late every month. Today I still have a total of 9 accounts with a charge off status including 2 capital one accounts that I have paid in full and tried over 5 times to goodwill but to no avail. Doesnt mean I'm going to stop trying though Smiley Wink

Just know that through dedication and consistency anything is possible in the credit game! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Journey to Credit Success...up up and away!!!

Btw current scores are all yellow!

Equifax 708 Experian 698 and slow Transunion (which has not reported the updated utalization) at 689 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats GREAT Congrats. 9 Chargeoffs still remaining and you have scores like that? Good job.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I didnt think it was even possible until 2019 but luckily diluting all the negative accounts with a tsunami of positive ones has helped me out tremendously!

Message 4 of 5
tenillelg
Valued Member

awesome news, congratulations!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.