Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judge wouldn't Set Aside Judgment- SOOO disappointed

tag
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judge wouldn't Set Aside Judgment- SOOO disappointed

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in Missouri and can't find a thing about motion to set aside...so frustrating.  You already get dinged by the OC, the CA and then the judgment. ..triple whammy. Soooo frustrating. ...of course if I would have paid my bills and not have been yound and stupid I wouldn't be in the place I am in.

I'm in georgia, but what you may want to look up is the term "vacate".  I have the same situation in that I have a judgement that was paid/satisfied several years ago.  I will be contacting an attorney soon to see about filing a motion to have the judgement vacated.  I want to get this pulled off my credit as well.

**PS:  I just realized I was replying to an old post from last year.  Never mind.  Smiley Embarassed

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, so do I!! Why TN has to be the odd ball, I don't know, but it sucks!! I wanted to tell the judge: "Look, it can't be this difficult!" Smh son any others have been successful with this same issue. It was as if she had no idea of what I was talking about... I'm going to keep trying though

Tennessee is by no means 'the oddball'. The truth is that only a few states actually specifically allow this by statute.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny thing is, one of the few states that DO allow this by statute - Illinios, also has some of the longest SOL's and judgment enforcement lengths in the country.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really didn't know that, Norman. It just seemed like so many others had a successful outcome, wherever they were from. It would've been nice to get it fully resolved though.
Message 14 of 18
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Maryland doesn't do it either. I had to reach out to an attorney and they told me that vacating doesn't work when a judgment is satisfied. I was so disappointed. So now, the judgment will be off by October 2016.
Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I really didn't know that, Norman. It just seemed like so many others had a successful outcome, wherever they were from. It would've been nice to get it fully resolved though.

I think that may be because of the fact that its several of the more populous states that allow it. NY, IL, and NJ I think are all in 'the club', if I'm not mistaken.

Message 16 of 18
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

That kind of sucks Smiley Sad

I wish Oregon had something like that.  All we have is if you paid it, its staying on your report unless your judgement specifically said to remove it once paid.  Otherwise its there for the full 7 years no matter what, once paid.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I've learned from this is that judgments are much difficult to deal with that just regular collections. Duke, if you send a copy if your letter stating that it's been verified to the CRAs, they may (just may) still delete it. I sent the letter a couple of times to all CRA, and they kept coming back as verified. But then somehow, EX and TU finally deleted it. It's still on my EQ report though, so I'm just going to try and work on them again. It's not due to fall off until 10/ 2017.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.